Dec 31, 2011

Best Products of 2011

Happy New Year's Eve!
I hope 2011 has been very good to you and that 2012 is even better! :)

New Year's Eve always seems to be a good time to wrap up the 'best of's of the last year. Since I've been able to try a lot of different (food) products this year, I've decided to do to a Best (food) Product list!


Best Products of 2011:


Best Bar - There were a lot of good bars this year, but I'm going to have to go with 9bar Flax. For rocking the socks off of Snickers.

Best Granola - Erin Baker's Ultra Protein Granola Power Crunch PB & Honey. Whew, that's a long name. :P



But there's room for improvement, because I'd prefer something a little crispier and a little less sweet...

Best (non-granola) Cereal - Uncle Sam's, especially when eaten with greek yogurt, cranberries, and PB&Co Dark Chocolate Dreams. :)




Best Nut Butter - Hands down, Artisana raw almond butter. I just love its smooth taste, delightful texture, and ingredient (no s!) list.




Best Peanut* Butter - It's a legume, not a nut, so it gets its own category. And the clear winner is Crazy Richard's 100% Natural Chunky Peanut Butter!



Best Dessert - Rawvolution Cinnamon Raisin Torte Balls. They're better than pecan pie.


Best Muffin - Muffin tops count, okay? Then VitaTops in general! I can't choose a flavor, they're just all delicious. :)


Best Packaged Cookie - Nana's Double Chocolate Cookie. Whole grain, sweetened with fruit, and 100% deliciously chocolatey decadence? Yes, please!




Best Ice Cream - Edy's Yogurt Blends Caramel Praline Crunch. Loaded Oreo was better, but they discontinued it - boo! :(


Best Yogurt - Fage Plain Greek Yogurt! If only it weren't so expensive, *sigh.*




Best Surprise - As in, something I wasn't expecting to be half as delicious as it ended up being. And the winner is...

NuNaturals Stevia! I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners, but this natural alternative really blew my socks off. I'm a convert. ;)


Then again... peanut flour was a pleasant surprise, too. :)


And this one is a bit random, but since I told y'all (can you tell that I'm back in NC?) that I was considering transferring....


Best School (for me) -


My heart belongs to Widener and I just couldn't resist. Also, Harvard really is a nice school - it just has its upsides and downsides, like anywhere else. And I do like Boston!

Just probably not enough to do 8 years. I think med school will have to happen in California. ;) Hopefully USC will still have a spot for me then!

I wish you all a happy, healthy new year full of chocolate, ice cream, good friends, good bread, peace of mind, and incorrect (but just right for you) serving sizes!


Now I'm off to celebrate. Because you know that:

6 comments:

  1. I bet you've made the very best decision that was possible,girl,and wish you a whole lot of luck,happiness,love and joy in 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kat, I hope I've made the best decision - and I wish all the same to you! And a full recovery, too! You deserve it and so do all of your future patients. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahem, you are missing one category. "best wine!"
    so i shall answer on your behalf. :)
    bridlewood's pinot noir. it embodies the lovely flavours of several scrumptious berries (raspberries, cherries, and blackberries) touched with a hint of butterscotch. delicious! happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 9bars..they are so good! And I love NuNaturals stevia too! :)

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole - I'm 18, so I don't drink. But I'll take your word for it. Happy new year!

    Shannon - Happy new year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that post seriously made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai