I'm starting October on a happy note (every month should start out right, just as ever day should!) and so here's to embracing imperfection!
Here's a quick five reasons why perfection is overrated:
- Beauty lies in flaws - Cindy Crawford has a birthmark, Tyra Banks has a big forehead, my mom has cellulite. And guess what? The birthmark/forehead/cellulite makes the woman so much lovelier.
- Imperfections add character - Nature provides us with an excellent example of the value of imperfection. Pearls start as grains of sand lodged (imperfect!) in an oyster.
- Perfect is not perfect - When I was younger, I used to spread my spreads as close to perfectly as I could, covering every bit of the bread as evenly as possible. But come on, this is just way better, isn't it?
4. Striving is the spice of life - If you've already achieved *everything,* what's there left to do?
5. Without imperfect, perfect wouldn't exist - This one is for all of you philosophers and deep-thinkers. Just like how night and dark exist to make us appreciate day and light (in my opinion), imperfect is there to make perfect possible!
MY IMPERFECTION OF THE WEEK = I stayed at work late on Thursday and ended up catching the 4:50pm bus home (late, considering that I catch the 5:40am bus to work). At about 5:05pm, I realized that I was on the wrong bus! Driving in the absolute opposite direction of where I wanted to go! And I was in a different country, without a map and without a clue of where I was!
So there I was, a blubbering mess crying my eyes out on some random street in some random German town, the wrong bus (that I had just gotten off) leaving me in its dust. I was quite a sight, I'm sure. It's moments like that when I'm so grateful to have my mom who, a quick phone call later, brought me back to myself from the panicked mess I was and, half an hour later, rescued me and drove me home. I got home at 6pm, about an hour later than anticipated, but I was never happier to be home. :)
What do you think is the best thing about imperfection?