Oct 3, 2011

Me and a *Product Review*: Artisana Almond Butter

First, ME: Sara asked a pretty probing (in a good way) question in the comments of my last post and, though I hadn't really spoken about the related topics before, I decided to follow your great examples and open up. Check out the comments section for my (long winded) response, if you're interested!

The short of it is that there was a time, not so long ago, when my life was ugly (as in 'U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi!' ugly). And now it's beautiful (yay)! Again, feel free to check out the comments section of that post, if you're interested in more detail.

I have seen the light! Bwahahaaha :P


Moving on...

Good things come in three's, right?

WRONG!
It made my day when I came home to a package full of these and these:

I've wanted to try Artisana nut butters for a while, since I consider myself a bit of a nut butter connoisseur :P and have heard nothing but good things about them.

Also, they're from Oakland, California...why do all the health-fanatics seem to come from Oakland? Moving on...

Yup, yup, yup, their almond butter is made of 100% organic raw almonds (see that? 'Ingredient' list instead of 'ingredients' list?). I was very curious...

My mom thought the jar was pretty, but I was just interested in what was inside...

It had separated a lot (as is natural), but once I cut the oil back in...

The texture was amazing. And very different than other almond butters that I've tried. It was also a lot lighter in color, so I was surprised. But pleasantly so:

It was very creamy with interesting little bits of grainy (hard to explain, but very good) texture and the most flavorful, but mild, almond taste that I've yet to experience in an almond butter.

*Instant favorite.*

Artisana, where have you been all of my life??

I was so tempted to keep just eating it out of the jar, but decided to be proper and spread some on some bread. It spread very well, with none of that re-separation or blockiness that other natural nut butters sometimes are guilty of...

And with some homemade strawberry jam on top, it was a real party in my mouth.

Thanks for making such an awesome product, Artisana!

Are you an almond butter fan?

Have you tried any of the Artisana nut butters?

Which of their single-serve packs (see top pic) sounds the tastiest to you?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai