Aug 11, 2011

More YouBar Yummies!

I did a few YouBar product reviews earlier this week, and it's time for two more! Here are some new eats from yesterday (after my symposium presentation this morning, I'll be on my way to Boston!).

First off, 'Mix Up Your Day' YouTrailMix, a handy-dandy snack that I grabbed (mid-morning) before settling down to spend some lovely (sarcasm, yes) quality time with my research report : GAH! It's due at midnight!

But this gave my brain some good fuel to work with:


Poured it out into a bowl for some nibble-age:


Ingredients = Sesame Sticks, Organic Coconut, Organic Goji Berries, Pineapples, Cashews, Almonds


I wasn't really digging the organic coconut or dried pineapples, but that's probably because *ahem* I only like fresh pineapple and Idon'tlikecoconut (I know, I feel like such a weirdo for saying it - it seems like everyone does!). The sesame sticks provided a nice crunch and made the whole thing taste like a yummier, healthier, more-filling version of Chex Mex. Basically, grown up chex mix! The goji berries, in particular, where very chewy and a real delight. I ended up nibbling around the coconut and pineapple...some of that got left in the bowl.

But it's okay, because my housemates *devoured* the few remains (to rave review, I might add).

I worked on my report...meh...had lunch...worked on my report...and was visited by den kleinen Hunger a while later. What to do? Take a break of course!

With one of these bad boys:


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough was definitely useful in preventing my hair from being pulled out over my icky-micky report revisions. But it wasn't a bad boy at all, because check out what's in it!
Ingredients = Organic Dates, Cashew Butter, Cashews, Organic Clover Honey, Organic Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Vanilla Extract

Simple, but it was *delicious* - I thought the Breakfast Bar was good, but this is a new fave!

Lots of bars/yogurts/chewing gums promise to taste like desserts...but don't. This one actually *did* taste like chocolate chip cookie dough!


Teehee, as you can see, I couldn't resist taking a bite out of it as soon as I unwrapped it!

It tasted buttery and sweet, with a nice chewy texture and miraculously melty chocolate chips (miraculous, as it wasn't even that warm today???). The texture was nice and chewy, with a little stick-to-your teeth gooeyness, but not enough to mandate tooth-brushing. YUMYUMYUM, I think this bar just became a #1! I have a couple, as I'm so indecisive :P


If (or rather, when) I order some more, I think I'll try adding some kind of grain, though...I think this could taste even more amazing with some granola or something thrown in. If you're looking for a straight-up chewy bar (or don't feel like grains) this is, as is, a great bet!

Again, if you want to head over to YouBar and order yourself some healthy, tasty goodies, don't forget to type in LiveLearnEat as your discount code! They were nice enough to offer a 10% discount for all Living, Learning, Eating, Readers!

Do you like coconut?

Do you prefer your chocolate melty or solid?

How do you like to write your papers/reports - over weeks, or under a tight deadline?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai