Just kidding. But let's not get caught upon the PC thing, okay?
*DISCLAIMER: This is a politically INcorrect zone.*
If November was NaNoWriMo (50,147 words, yay!) then December out to be NaNeFoMo. Yup, NaNeFoMo it is - National New Food Month! Please join me (for you curious cats, that's what the button that mysteriously cropped up in my sidebar is all about - grab my button and join me)!
6) Kombucha - Even though I *still* don't really know what it is...hopefully nothing too nasty. Is it related to Kabocha? I heard the word and it sounded cool, so now it's on my list.
7) Chia Seeds - Eating something that's meant to be part of a 90s toy/plant thing sounds strange, but...
so assuming things isn't a good way to go. :P
8) Socca - a.k.a. supposedly sweet pancake-esque awesomeness with *garbanzo flour.* I want this to taste good so bad! Because if it does taste good, it could taste *amazing.*
9) Random Berries that I've never tried before - ever walk into your local health food store and not recognize half of the dried fruits there? NO MORE! :P
10) Kay's Naturals Protein Cereal - Because Shannon is crazy about it.
11) Veggie Fries - I'll be on the lookout for veggies *other* than potatoes, because those sound like such a fun way to mix things up!
12) Something gluten-free - Again, I'm NOT going to go gluten-free. I don't see the need! But if any of my readers have celiac's disease or a gluten intolerance, I don't want them to feel left out.
13) A Glass Straw
Okay, okay, that last one's not REALLY a food and I'm not actually going to EAT it, but since they're so much more environmentally (and people!) friendly and straws are such fun, I'm investing in one. I just ordered one online for $10. I hope it turns out awesome and doesn't break for years and years (because then it would be worth $10 - yes, I have high standards).
Also, I need a thirteenth thing for my list. 13 is such a cooler number than 12.
ANYWAY, here are the NaNeFoMo rules:
1) Choose at least 5, but
2) Add the button to your blog, so that others can join the party. This is optional, but I encourage you to leave links to your posts about your new foods in the comments on my post so that I (and my readers) can come check them out!
Why should you do it? Because you'll feel super accomplished and maybe find something yummy and new to eat, duh! And also because one NaNeFoMo participant will win a
How many of you guessed that I just discovered Pinterest? Sooooooo guilty. :P
Are you going to join me for NaNeFoMo? Of course you are, silly.
What new foods are you going to try?
Did anyone else think this when you read Twilight for the first time? Admittedly, it was around Christmas...