Sep 5, 2011

Pastaroni

ToTo tell the truth, I'm really not a big pasta fan. I just don't find it that tasty and I think the texture is weird. But now and then, I do feel like a plate of pasta (usually elbow macaroni or the corkscrews that my little sister so affectionately calls 'caterpillars').

The best way to make pasta, in my opinion, is to approach the stove without a plan and just go wild!

Results:



In case it looks tasty and you'd like to know how to make it, here's the 'recipe.' I made it all in one pan (my handy-dandy cast iron skillet pan) so it's a great, quick recipe for college kids and anyone else who doesn't want to do a lot of dishes or spend a lot of time cooking.

HVFButtonFont542

Vegan Pastaroni for One

1) Bring a little less than an inch of water to a boil in the bottom of an ~9" diameter pan.

2) Pour in a little frozen broccoli (however much you'd like) and simmer for ~2 minutes.

3) Add however much pasta you want (I used whole wheat macaroni). Cook for ~5 more minutes, or until most of the water has evaporated/been absorbed.

4) Pour a good couple of glugs of olive oil over the mix, stir. Add ~1/2 can chopped/diced tomatoes, a good sprinkle of oregano, a good sprinkle of paprika, pepper, and salt. Stir.

5) Add a bunch of nutritional yeast (I think I used ~1/4 to 1/3 cup, but I really just shook it in there until it looked good). Stir.

6) Cook for another ~2 or ~3 minutes, until the broccoli is nice and soft.

7) Enjoy!

I'm a card-carrying member of the clean plate club:

And, for dessert, I had a bowl of raspberry Quark with flaxseeds and walnuts.

Yum-yum-yum! And this meal is *very* filling. It's definitely a stick-to-your-ribs kind of meal.

Do you prefer fast recipes or ones that you linger over?

Are you a one-pan cook?

Do you prefer pasta, rice, potatoes, cereal or bread?

1 comments:

  1. YUM! This is pretty much how I make most of my meals.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai