The best way to make pasta, in my opinion, is to approach the stove without a plan and just go wild!
Vegan Pastaroni for One
1) Bring a little less than an inch of water to a boil in the bottom of an ~9" diameter pan.
2) Pour in a little frozen broccoli (however much you'd like) and simmer for ~2 minutes.
3) Add however much pasta you want (I used whole wheat macaroni). Cook for ~5 more minutes, or until most of the water has evaporated/been absorbed.
4) Pour a good couple of glugs of olive oil over the mix, stir. Add ~1/2 can chopped/diced tomatoes, a good sprinkle of oregano, a good sprinkle of paprika, pepper, and salt. Stir.
5) Add a bunch of nutritional yeast (I think I used ~1/4 to 1/3 cup, but I really just shook it in there until it looked good). Stir.
6) Cook for another ~2 or ~3 minutes, until the broccoli is nice and soft.
I'm a card-carrying member of the clean plate club:
Do you prefer fast recipes or ones that you linger over?
Are you a one-pan cook?
Do you prefer pasta, rice, potatoes, cereal or bread?