Aug 7, 2011

Protein-Packed Green Monster (YouShake Product Review)

Um, spam emails - why?

I woke up this morning to a lovely serene Sunday, hearing the Atlantic crash agains the cliffs behind the house (I'll miss Maine, I have to admit). Then I turned on my email, checked my spam section (because sometimes normal emails get sent there, for who knows what reason) and the first thing I see is a subject line containing a dirty innuendo about lips. Right...

That's exactly what someone wants to start their morning with, I'm sure. Thanks for that.

Anyway, I just deleted it. And moved on to this, instead!

Ingredients = Whey Protein, Organic Cane Juice, Organic Strawberries, Organic Bananas, Organic Vanilla Powder

I added 'Blended Bliss' YouShake mix (a whopping 80% of your calcium RDI and 14g of protein) to a green monster with mixed greens and cukes as the base.


It made one tall green monster...and a pretty, light green shake! :) Also, rather than icy and veggie-ish as they can get, this was creamy and thick:


I know I just said that I found my favorite green monster the other day, but I'm going to have to eat (er, drink?) my words. This is my new favorite! It tasted like a creamy strawberry milkshake and was filling, but still light and delicious - I'm full, but I don't feel like I have a brick in my stomach.

And can you blame me for loving this?


All in all, YouShake 'Blended Bliss' in green monster form gets two thumbs up from me!

If it's anything near as good as this one, I'm looking forward to trying a vanilla green monster tomorrow!

Oh, and (in case you haven't read yesterday's YouBar review, the folks at YouBar have been nice enough to offer all Living, Learning, Eating readers a 10% discount. Just enter LiveLearnEat at checkout!

What's the strangest spam e-mail that you've gotten?

Have you ever had a 'green' protein shake?

If you had to choose one, would you take the mountains or the ocean?

The great thing about Bar Harbor is that you get both! :)

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai