Pumpkin Party Oats
* Muesli (whatever amount is right for you, I used around 1/2 a cup)
* 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin
* 1/3 cup buttermilk
* Handful of blueberries (best frozen, because then you get fun temperature and texture contrasts!)
* Sweetener (optional, to taste - I think the frozen blueberries and the dried fruits in the muesli make it sweet enough)
1) Heat up the pumpkin (either a minute in the microwave or you can cook it on a stovetop).
2) Glob the pumpkin into a bowl (from which you will eat the yumminess). Stir in the muesli. Don't add the muesli while the pumpkin is still cooking, or the oats will start too cook in oatmeal style - unless you want that. But I don't!
3) Mix in the cinnamon and however much sweetener of whatever variety you like best.
4) Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
5) pour the buttermilk on top. Get excited for the hot, soft pumpkin/cold, crisp blueberries/cool, sour buttermilk/chewy, hearty oats/crunchy seeds/sweet dried fruits combo.
And, if you're supercool like me, you can throw on a handful of crunchy puffed chocolate spelt cereal. Or chocolate cheerios/puffins (never had the latter, but I've heard the word 'puffins' being thrown around a lot).
STARFRUIT = Apple + lemon. It's a pity that I didn't get a picture of my starfruit pucker. Again, it's not really my thing - it would be super refreshing in the summer, or grate as a topper on baked goods/ yogurt bowls/etc, but it's just a little too intense to enjoy a plate of.
Though that is one pretty plate...
I also tried a CACTUS FIG. Sadly, I don't have any pictures. Why sadly? Because it was delicious! I don't even know how to describe it - it was so delicious and amazing, especially cut into a bowl of quark and walnuts and I pretty much had a foodgasm.
Well, okay, maybe not then. :P
Do you ever get in a capital letters kind of mood?
What are you doing this weekend?