Oct 5, 2011

Success Among the Walnuts

'Love Among the Walnuts,' by Jean Ferris, was one of my favorite books as a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed tween. Jean Ferris is so very talented. But this post isn't about Jean Ferris, or even about novels.

It's about the fact that I have successfully gained twenty-some pounds and am now at a healthy weight.


YAY ME! :) For those of you that are still working on it, persist! The pay off is awesome - I feel so accomplished and healthy. I still have to get used to my new body, though, with my new feminine curves and soft bits. Sometimes I catch random guys staring at me on the street and people stop me (not too rarely) to tell me that I'm beautiful. That's definitely odd, since I've never been the pretty (try awkward, or weird-looking) one. But I can't say that I mind it, and I'd call it a lovely plus to growing up and gaining health. ;)

Anyway, my good health warranted a celebration. And what better way to celebrate than with a good book and a delicious snack plate - featuring Artisana's organic walnut butter?


A ripe banana, granola, quark, cinnamon, and Artisana's walnut butter.

The nut butter is made out of organic walnuts and organic cashews, but you don't really taste the cashews - they're mainly just there to make the texture awesome. It tasted mild and walnutty and delicious. This was a tasty snack plate, indeed!


The squeeze packs are too cute and I bet they'd be super-handy for travel, work, and marathon shopping. ;) Don't forget to enter my giveaway, so you can win your own set of squeeze packs and an 8oz jar of your choice (including the walnut butter!) nut butter from Artisana!


Some close-ups, because they're pretty...


Anyway, I just wanted to share my good news! I wouldn't mind gaining a few more pounds, but I"m glad that I no longer need to. Eating doesn't have to be work at all, anymore. Now, when I sit down to an ice cream sundae, it's purely because I want to - and I don't have to chase it with a PB sandwich, a banana, granola, and some chocolate. Unless I'm still hungry, of course!

What's your latest success?

If you've reached you & your doctors' weight gain goal, how did you celebrate? What was the best part?

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm in a similar situation with the whole "weight gain dilemma" and I was just wondering how long it took you to gain the full 20lbs. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! My biggest fear is the fat will go to my stomach and chin instead of the places it is needed most. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes there first *BUT* it redistributes - you'll get your abs back once you're at a healthy weight, no worries! I did no exercise at all, ate tons of "unhealthy" foods (in addition to my healthy whole grains, etc.), and gained the 27 pounds I needed in 4 months. I'm happy, healthy, and my weight has stayed stable since, YAY! Email me if you want individual advice (livinglearningeating@gmail.com) - good luck!

      Delete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai