Aug 22, 2011

We Bring the Fire: PB&Co The Heat Is On Product Review

Or rather, this brought the fire!

I swear, I thought my mouth would burst into flames! Like with their Dark Chocolate Dreams, when the folks at Peanut Butter & Co take on a flavor, they *really* take it on!

Does that look reddish to you? Yeah? That's because it is:


And if you look at the ingredients, it's no surprise!


Somehow, though, I didn't really take it seriously, so I licked some off of my spoon. BIG mistake. I *ran* to the fridge for that soymilk!

And still, I didn't learn my lesson. I spread it on my bread almost as thick as I do all other peanut butters:


Thinking the swirl of honey would take the bite off. But of course it didn't - because this is *real* spice and not some synthetic, here-now-gone-later stuff. Nope, not at all.

I ended up scraping most off the PB off. But it was delicious! It's just like really expensive cheese, though - you only need a *little* bit for a *lot* of really awesome, satisfying flavor.

Still, even in small doses, this isn't the peanut butter for me. I am such a wimp when it comes to spicy and I just can't handle this stuff. But my dad, who's a big spicy-stuff fan, *loved* it.

He tried a bite, and then it was all that he'd eat until the jar was all empty!

Verdict: Peanut Butter & Co's 'The Heat is On' really brings the heat! If you like hot foods, you should definitely check this out!

PS: Do the settings look familiar? Like a flashback to my old days in Maine? That's because they are! I wrote this post in my last few days, but I decided to save it for later, because scheduling stuff seems like such fun - it's like hiding $10 for you to find later!

Can you handle spicy foods?

What's the most unique kind of peanut butter that you've ever had?

Do you like scheduling posts/planting time capsules/hiding money and pictures?

1 comments:

  1. I love this peanut butter. I've put it on everything from pretzels to chicken sandwiches and even on home-made tacos. That rich, creamy, flavorful component takes the food to another level and of course you can't forget that spicy kick!

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai