Aug 13, 2011

Weighed Down

I cleaned out my room this morning, visited the gym (...to fill up my water bottle - hey, trekking around the airport and lugging my luggage about is plenty exercise enough!), took a luxurious bath and my lovely big bath tub (I haven't had a bath, just showers!, since May), and headed down to the lobby for some breakfast.

At which point, my arms were pretty much wrenched out of their sockets.

Do you overpack? I do. Which results in a lot of 'lug' in my 'luggage.' It's going to be *great* fun to schlep all that through the airport, pick up my mom and little sister, and schlep it all back to the Embassy Suites Boston Logan, where we're staying tonight.

I'm feeling a little anticipatory 'ouch' in my arms right now.

Anyway, all that lugging is going to need some energy. So I decided to try out this protein-packed granola from Erin Baker's Wholesome Bakery!

I bought some yogurt and paired it with some craisins:

Wow, this was quite the tasty granola! It was softer than many, because of all the creamy peanut butter, but that also added an extra degree of satisfaction and a great, strong peanut butter flavor. Yum! Paired with the sweet, tangy-tart Craisins and the smooth yogurt, this was one tasty breakfast.

I really enjoyed just eating it and reading the USA Today down in the lobby. WIth a little people-watching thrown in, too, because isn't that the best? I love imagining the stories and lives behind the people I see in hotels and at airports. It's especially fun when you're with an imaginative friend, but it's still a good pastime when you're alone.

Anyway, I swirled all of the ingredients together, but here's another pre-swirl pic for that lovely texture close-up:

Oh, and the ingredients are: Whole Grain Oats, Honey, Peanut Butter, Soy Protein Crisp Rice (Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Malt Extract), Oat Bran, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Molasses, Ground Flax Seed, Vanilla Extract, Natural Peanut Butter Flavor, Sea Salt.

Do you overpack?

What's your favorite way to pass time while you're waiting during travel?

Do you people-watch?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai