Aug 18, 2011

Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar?

*SOMEHOW FORGOT TO POST THIS EARLIER*

I stole the cookie from the cookie jar! Remember that childhood game? Hee-hee!

But, on a more serious note, I didn't actually steal the cookie from the cookie jar - stealing is wrong! Instead, the lovely Nicole Nelson of Erin Baker's Wholesome Baked Goods sent me a cookie! Along with a bunch of other tasty, whole grain treats to try:

Yup, that's *peanut butter* granola and those are organic *brownies* - ooh, get excited! Or, well, I guess I am the one who should get excited, as I'm the one who gets to sample them! :P

But today I stuck to this baby:


I know it's a breakfast cookie and thus meant to be eaten for breakfast - but I needed an afternoon snack and this was just the ticket! Plus, I'm not really a big cookie-for-breakfast person, as I love my yogurt messes entirely too much for that.

But this was a lovely snack and, with ingredients like these, a wholesome choice for a quick brekkie, too, if that's what floats your boat!

Note that the first ingredient is *whole grain* oats and note those lovely 5g of fiber to keep you - you know. ;) Also, don't freak at the sugar count (if you're the kind of person that freaks over things like that) - prune puree is the third ingredient, so you can bet your granny's dentures that a good portion of those are natural fruit sugars.

I slipped it out of the packet (okay, yanked it out - as the break reveals):


and stuck it in the microwave for fifteen seconds, to achieve that fresh-out-of-the-oven melty-chocolate-chip awesomeness. Awesomeness achieved!

It might not look so from this picture, but this was one *big* cookie. I could definitely see this filling some of you up for breakfast (definitely if you're the kind of lad or lass or who calls a bowl of cereal breakfast).

It was nice and chewy, with a regular distribution of lovely chocolate chips to add that rich chocolate flavor - definitely dessert-worthy. For me, at least, the coffee flavor was a bit lost. I caught some undernotes of it, but it definitely wasn't the predominant flavor to me - which was actually a good thing, as I'm more of a chocolate than a coffee person, anyway.

It was definitely not hockey-puckish either, and was actually almost cakey in the center - but still substantial, so I was quite pleased. My favorite parts, however, were the corners of the cookie. They had a wonder crunch-chew thing going on that I just adored. I bet that, if I had toasted this instead of microwaved it, the whole cookie would have been like that... Now that I look at the packaging again, it *does* suggest using a toaster (but doesn't mention a microwave - oh dear, if only I could read :P ).

This was definitely quite the treat, anyway!

Nomnomnom, the cookie monster approves!

If you want to get some healthy yummies for yourself, you can order them from Erin Baker's site. If you're a (often broke) college kid, like myself, I'd suggest checking out them out on YouTube , Facebook , or Twitter , too. They are known to post special offers through those venues (*shh,* you didn't hear it here)!

What do you think of the use of social media to spread coupons and deals?

Do you coupon-/deal-hunt online?

What's your favorite social media platform? It's a bit embarrassing how long it took me to figure Twitter out, so I'm not going to keep that to myself....

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai