Aug 8, 2011

You(Bar) too!

These bars are turning out to be super-helpful, what with all the work I have to do on my symposium presentation and final report. They're a healthy, filling snack that requires *no* time or effort to prepare - score!

Tonight, I started feeling peckish a few hours after dinner, as I was working on my report. So I whipped this guy out:


Ingredients = Cashew Macadamia Butter, Organic Dates, Raw Almonds, Whey Protein Isolate, Raw Goji Berries, Cherries, Clover Honey, Perky's Crunchy Rice Cereal (Rice Flour, Rice Bran, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Honey, Salt)

This was also very tasty and unusual; it's so hard to choose a favorite!


The dried fruits lent flavorful, sweet bursts of flavor to the bar, while the nut base gave it a filling richness. The rice cereal added a good crunch!

This bar was not a soft bar and *not at all* a crumbly bar. It was very firm, and thus I could imagine this being ideal for hiking/biking/traveling/etc., where you want your bar to hold up under squashing and not turn into a pancake. :P


I wouldn't recommend it if you just got your wisdom teeth out, or are otherwise dentally compromised, but otherwise I would! The texture was nice and hearty, providing plenty to bite into. Yum :)

If you want to order your own YouBar, you can check out my first post for more information. And don't forget that, if you enter the discount code LiveLearnEat at checkout, the folks at YouBar have been generous enough to offer a 10% discount!

As always, I have no personal interest in the company, nor do I profit in anyway from sales - I just ended up really liking it, and want to share this cool product/concept with you guys. :)

Do you snack a lot?

What are your go-to snacks when you're crunched for time?

Are you at a transitory part of the year (wrapping things up and starting new ones)?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai