Dec 3, 2011

Christmas Must-See's

I love Christmas movies*, and here are some of the ones that I have to see every Christmas - in no particular order, except for the very last one!

Home Alone - or rather, the whole Home Alone Series



Rockin' around the house with no one there to laugh at you dancing in your wooly socks and underwear. Topping-drenched ice cream in front of inappropriate television. Lots of music and a side of adventure. Fun stuff! For some reason, the Home Alone's always make me feel super nostalgic. ;)

Home Alone 4 doesn't count though (there's some new kid; it's just not the same) and, for some odd reason, I wasn't such a fan of the New York one.

Christmas with the Kranks



It's such a make-you-want-to-spend-time-with-your-family movie. :) Though my family isn't like that at all. And I'm a vegetarian, so I don't really get the honey ham part. Unless I pretend it's pecan pie, in which case I understand completely. :P

The Santa Clause



I think this movie portrays the North Pole in one of the cutest, most whimsical ways. I'm a fan! :)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas



This is, without a doubt, my favorite Christmas movie! I like to save it for Christmas Eve. The cinematography is so aesthetically appealing and the songs are so jolly and Christmassy that it's a perfect Christmas Eve culmination-of-it-all movie. :) Unlike most 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' fans, however, I'm not talking about the cartoon version. I much prefer the Jim Carrey version!

* = I love Christmas movies, except Jingle All the Way (the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie). Ugh, can't stand it! Which is so weird, because I'll watch any other Christmas movie. I guess I'm just not an Arnie fan. Surprise, surprise.

What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Which of the Home Alone movies do you like the best?

Is there a Christmas movie that you just can't stand?


And yes, I admit this last question is 100% selfish, but are there any good Christmas movies coming out this year?


* Don't forget that this is your last day to enter my NuStevia Giveaway! *

*And even more importantly: JOIN ME FOR NANEFOMO!*

Christine of Blumenband joined me (yay!) and she has a pretty fun bucket list: flax seeds, green monsters, new Christmas cookies, a variety of cabbages, and roasted veggies (in particular, Kale Chips, since they have yet to really make it to Germany). Sounds good to me! :)

19 comments:

  1. I completely agree, the 4th home alone doesn't count! haha. My favourite Christmas movie is The Polar Express. If you haven't seen it, you must! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the original home alone so much, I could never get into the others though. Rudolph and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase are two of my all time faves, Christmas just isn't the same without watching them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia - They should have stopped at number 3. *Shakes head.* Oh, I can't believe I forgot that one - it's so wonderfully whimsical!

    Alexandra - I'm watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with my cousin, her boyfriend, and Christmas cookies tonight. Well, the cookies won't be watching... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Grinch, it's such a classic. There isn't really a Christmas movie I can't stand actually, since it isn't like they are too overplayed being once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Christmas without the Grinch just doesn't feel like a Christmas at all... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite Christmas movies are Fred Claus, Four Christmas's, and Trapped In Paradise!!! All must sees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've seen Four Christmas's or Trapped in Paradise! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest,I hate all Home Alone movies. I just can't stand Macaulay Culkin,sorry!
    And I am really ashamed of it,but I've never watched The Grinch yet... I think I really should catch up on this asap!
    But Christmas with the Kranks is so cool,I watched it numerous times and it's still funny! Love when they fight for the honey ham,hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have to! The Grinch is the best. :) Macaulay Culkin was such a cute kid! I agree that he's a bit of mess right now, the poor guy, but how could you not love him then???

    But Christmas with Kranks *is* awesome! For some reason, the blonde boy with the sticky-outy ears looks familiar...do you know who it is/if he's been in any other movies/shows? I can't put my finger on it, but I know that he reminds me of someone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of the home alone series. I didn't know there was a fourth one though. I really don't have a favorite christmas movies because I just love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just watched Home Alone. Always a must for the holiday season. The Grinch, of course, and the Muppet Christmas Carrol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim - The fourth one really doesn't count (it's pretty much completely unrelated) so no loss there. :P I have to agree - Christmas movies are the best!

    Aja - I don't know...the Muppets kind of creep me out. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. favourite? Love Actually.
    second favourite? You've Got Mail
    third favourite? sleepless in seattle
    fourth favourite? the apartment
    can't stand? a christmas story

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I love this! Christmas movies are the best. :)
    The Grinch is definitely one of my favorites. Along with Love, Actually and The Holiday (Which technically isn't classified as a "Christmas" movie. But, it takes place at Christmas time so I count it!)
    Four Christmases is really funny, as well. I just love Reese Witherspoon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually, Jingle All the Way is one of my favorites <3
    It used to always make me laugh for some reason (Sinbad's character is hilarious!) Perhaps because I like screwball comedies?

    But my absolute favorite is ELF!! Best Christmas movie ever :)
    Will Ferrel is so funny! "Santa's coming!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I watched Christmas with the Kranks last night!! SUCH a good movie! I also love Home Alone 1 and 2 and the Santa Clause. And I always watch Jingle all the Way! Oh and Frosty and Rudolph are saved for Christmas Eve because I'm a five year old at heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicole - I like You've Got Mail! But I've somehow never gotten that into Love Actually...

    Emily - Katherine Heigl is one of my favorite actresses, I wish she'd do a Christmas movie!

    caloricandcrzy - Elf is funny! I wouldn't say fave (I'm not a huge WIll Ferrel fan) but it's pretty cute. :P

    Alexandra - I don't like Jingle All The Way (can't STAND Arnold Schwarzenegger) . To each her own! :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elf!! I love his food groups... candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lauren - hahahahaha, it's no wonder he acts so cuckoobananas all of the time! :P

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai