Dec 22, 2011

Pumpkin (Microwave!) Breakfast Cake

I just made up this breakfast cake and I really like it - it's quick, easy, healthy, and can be prepared the evening before (just mix everything together in your microwave-safe bowl and stick it in the fridge)!

Plus, a whole serving of veggies before the day even starts? And then having them taste like a doughy cake? Yes, please! :)

Oh, and guess what?

HVFButtonFont5

They're vegan. :)


Pumpkin Breakfast Cake
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Microwave Time: 3 minutes

* 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
* 1 Tbsp. nut butter (alternately, you could use oil)
* 1/2 cup oats, ground in blender (alternately, you could use oat flour or any other type of flour)
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1/8 tsp. baking soda
* 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
* 1/8 tsp. cloves
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/16 tsp. salt

1) Mix the dry ingredients in your microwave-safe bowl. 

2) Add the nut butter and canned pumpkin (mix, don't overmix).

3) Microwave for 3 minutes. Enjoy!


I ate it straight out of the bowl, but if you wanted to put your cake on a plate, be sure to oil the bowl first - otherwise, the cake will stick to the bottom!

It was delicious with some fresh blackberries sliced on top and a mug of hot chocolate on the side, but I could also imagine it tasting good frosted, iced, with sprinkles, or crumbled into yogurt...Let your imagination be your guide. :)


Does anyone else quote Disney movies? It's just irresistible sometimes! :P

What's your favorite type of blog content? I like useful stuff (reviews, recipes, and giveaways), but sometimes WIAW or surveys can be fun, too. :P

18 comments:

  1. Yummy! Those look awesome! I am in love with how quick and easy microwave cakes are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disney Movies are the best :) And full of so many wise quotes.
    I have to say that pumpkin breakfast cake looks delicious despite the fact that I am not a fan of pumpkin...must be the blackberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hollie - I know! I can't believe they're just entering my life now!

    Sara - The blackberries are the ticket. ;) But pumpkin *is* starting to (slowly) grow on me. Maybe I'll even start liking pumpkin pie? On second thought, let's not exaggerate. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great breakfast cake! I love disney movies, I quote them more often than I probably realize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much have oats every morning, so this is something I'd like to try :)

    I might use biscoff though instead of nut butter (another excuse to eat the stuff!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah - Thanks! They *are* the best. ;)

    caloricandcrazy - Dooooo it! Haha, biscoff works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE quoting Disney movies. haha. There seems to be a Disney quote for every situation.
    And this looks sooo delicious. I have some leftover pumpkin in the fridge that needs to be used up- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds awesome! And i love microwave cooking...I need FAST in the morning otherwise my stomach gets impatient, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love quick easy recipes like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds fantastic!
    Disney is the best, I need to watch some asap. Aristocats and lion king are some of my fav classics :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kristi - I have the same feeling!

    Shannon - Quick & Easy = more likely to happen. :P

    Laura - I definitely need to watch some Aristocrats soon...we watched Tangled last night, it was awesome! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love quick, microwavable treats that you can have ready in minutes...beats baking! Plus, so good for the hot summer months where you don't want to heat up the entire house with the oven going!

    Thanks for sharing on HVF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about microwave treats - when it's 90s out, you really don't want to add to it! Thanks for checking out my recipe :)

      Delete
  13. Wowsa! I've never thought to make a cake in the microwave and I am so intrigued. Gonna have to try this one for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The microwave makes for an easy morning! :) :) My name is Cindy and I blog over at Vegetarianmamma.com I wanted to invite you to link up your recipe at our Gluten Free Fridays Recipe Link up party! It happens every Friday and we'd love to have you join us with some of your awesome recipes! You can find this week's link up here: http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-friday-recipe-link-up-1/
    Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by our Gluten Free Fridays link up http://vegetarianmamma.com/gluten-free-friday-recipe-link-up-1/
      I have pinned your recipe to our Gluten Free Fridays (recipes) board on Pinterest! Thanks again for making it a huge success! We had over 100 gluten free recipes this week :)
      Cindy

      Delete
  15. Yum! I love microwave cakes. And, of course, I love any recipe where there's pumpkin involved!

    My favorite type of blog posts are reviews and recipes but I also really enjoy reading about people's daily lives and the experiences they have/lessons they learn/etc. (:

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai