Dec 9, 2011

Ultimate Yogurt Mess

I made the ultimate yogurt mess today...


NaNeFoMo style, starring not one, not two, but three (!) of my NaNeFoMo foods!

Photobucket"/>

I was really lucky to receive samples from Chobani, Kay's Naturals, and Sunwarrior (thanks!) and decided that the three sounded like they'd go great together. 

I started with a creamy Chobani plain greek yogurt base (so hitting the spot, now that I no longer have quark - a more detailed review, in my Great Yogurt Face-Off :P will come soon) and sprinkled on Sunwarrior Ormus Greens.


The Sunwarrior Ormus Greens has a shorter, simpler ingredients list than other green powders I've tried:


Looks good to me! This is really random, but...does anyone else think of The Little Rascals whenever you hear/read/see Alfalfa? Maybe I'm just weird... :P Oh, and obviously I didn't follow instructions, as usual. I mixed it into my yogurt because mixing stuff into yogurt is FUN. 


And results in pretty colors! My first thought? This is such a great St. Patrick's day food!


Topped with Kay's Naturals Honey Almond Cereal. Quite the protein punch:


And a fun texture. So crunchy and sweet! Also, the bag holds one serving and that serving is BIG. Yummaroo. :)


I then topped it all with blackberries, cinnamon, and flax seeds for the final result (see the very first picture). I took one bite and my first thought was....

YECCCH. 

What??? Yummy, creamy greek yogurt (I love Chobani), sweet & crispy cereal with a strong honey flavor and an almost indiscernible kiss of almond, green powder that people *rave* about...everyone seems to love Sunwarrior products - could it just be because of their crazy-awesome health value?

I took another bite, because it's not fair to judge new things on first impressions. This time, I *didn't* have a blackberry in the bite and that made all the difference. From YECCCH to YOWZAYUMMY! 

Maybe some of you are more observant than I, but the Sunwarrior Ormus Greens are delightfully minty. Minty + blackberries = not my thing. I shouldn't have thought St. Patty, I should have thought St. Nick. I'm going to have to try it in something Christmas themed - I think that will probably rock my socks off. ;)

Anyway, I just had to share that yumminess with you. And I had to get on the internet, now that I'm back home and have a good internet connection again! YAY! :)

I also snacked on this, this lovely Friday morning:


Crunchy and substantial, with cinnamon toast crunch-esque flavor (was that anyone else's favorite childhood cereal?) they really hit the snacky spot!


Especially dipped in Chobani. ;)

What's your week been like?

Have you ever tried Kay's Naturals, Sunwarrior Ormus Greens, or Chobani?

What are your favorite minty combinations? I'm thinking a crushed candy cane should be involved in my next Sunwarrior Ormus Greens creation, because then the whole Christmas color scheme will be there...


9 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY think of the little rascals everytime I hear Alfalfa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to receive such awesome samples! And I'm so happy to see you're incorporating your Nanefomo foods into your meals.
    I looove Sunwarrior. And I've been dying to try Kay's Naturals products but haven't been able to get my hands on any yet. The pretzels sound sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are soooo good - the cinnamon toast pretzels are my favorite yet! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Kays Naturals! :) Your yogurt mess looks pretty yummy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like their stuff - I just had the lemon herb chips. I prefer sweet, though. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, I'm a sucker for all things cinnamony :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. {Ormus|Monatomic elements} goes beyond the current scientific assumptions about the elements that make up our Universe. Beyond the {atomic|subatomic} level, we see that every element known to mankind, is made up of something more, something even more {elemental|basic}. Ormus goes beyond the scratch in the surface that is current scientific knowledge, and tells us what lies beneath that surface.

    {Monatomic|Ormus} elements are physical particles that appear to be an entirely new, and unique from any previously discovered {elements|particles}. Think of these as the building blocks of matter as we know it. While some may think that the concept of {sub-elemental|subatomic} elements is lofty thinking, even conventional science points toward this unmistakable truth.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai