Jan 27, 2012

Flat Chested Fashion

So boobs? I don't really have them. And no, I'm not one of those girls who calls her B-cup flat-chested - I'm 32A all the way.

Strapless dresses? Not so much. A few wiggles later, they're always somewhere around my navel.

Those blouses with the boob pockets sewn in? Yeah, those pockets end up flapping in the breeze. An attractive look, it is not.

But fashion is too much fun to let boobs (or lack thereof!) spoil the party. So here are some looks that we flat-chested girls can pull off better than our more endowed friends.

Triangle-Top Dresses




For my big sister and her D-cup (she takes after our mom, I'm stuck with our dad), this would be a serious case of cup runneth over. Even for the more moderate (and supposedly "ideal") C-cup, deep-cut triangle top dresses can easily cross the line to skanky.

For flat chested girls? Well, we get all the flirty and none of the skanky!

Ruffled Tops




Let's face it - with that much ruffling, you don't even really notice that it's like Illinois under there.

Can you imagine big boobs under that? It would be so unflattering - three words: Too. Much. Volume.

Cut-out Tops



Okay, so the low-back thing is actually unrelated to the topic. But isn't that a pretty dress?

MOVING ON: while that left side look may be a bit risque, even though Kate pulls it off, it would never work with Jenna Jameson boobs.

Or, I mean, I guess it might. If by work, you mean work a corner.

Slouchy Stuff



For similar reasons as with the ruffled tops, anything with a lot of draping just looks better on those of us who have a little less in the chest department.

A slinky fabric, like the one above, is great for draped evening dresses - you get just a hint of figure. Perfect.

Anyway, whatever you wear, you're sure to rock your look as long as you rock it with confidence. The boobs don't make the girl. ;)

For celeb fashion inspiration, there's always Kate Hudson and Debra Messing.

Are you afflicted flat chested? 

30 comments:

  1. Ha I can relate to this post 100% yo. All my fashion is of that nature because of my lack there of. I do agree though-ruffels look the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for the invention of the ruffled bikini. :P

      Delete
  2. haha, ruffled tops are my best friends :D
    and push up bras are a must have, especially when you wear simple tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I'd like to hug whoever came up with the ruffle. She was probably flat-chested, too. :P

      Delete
  3. Ruffled tops are such a great invention,aren't they? :P
    Thanks for this post,it really made me feel less alone with that kind of problem! :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I have little boobs too. I'm a 34B. Still a little somthin' though! haha. I love Kate Hudson! She's so gorgeous. I love that I can pull of slouchy tops (pretty much all I wear) and ruffles. Now I need some fashion tips to help the booty area. Because I apparently wasn't born with one :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...don't have much experience with that, as I do have one of those. But I'll keep an eye out. I think ruffles there would be a bit of a fail! Hahaha ><

      Delete
  5. Your blog is really awesome! I love how you incorporate fashion into your blog of healthful eating!
    I'll definitely be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm "flat chested" and proud! Haha :P
    I mean, I feel sorry for those girls who are considered "blessed"...I mean, that must cause some serious back ache considering the extra weight they have to carry!

    Plus, I love the triangle top dresses and ruffles! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I think we can all agree that ruffles rock. And at least we'll never breast reduction surgery!

      Delete
  7. I'm SO flat-chested. I used to hate it but I've learned to embrace it.
    I love that I can pretty much wear anything I want. I don't have to worry about anything poppin' out!
    Ruffle tops are God's gift to flat-chested girls. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I can imagine it'd be hard in your industry, but that's what happens when you're a tiny vegan athlete, I suppose. :P

      Delete
  8. Haha I guess you could say I'm flat-chested! :P
    I love ruffle tops and have a few of them that I looveee to wear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suppose I am somewhere in the middle! But I do love the outfits you chose here, Kate Hudson's dress is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That white dress on Kate Hudson is one of my all-time faves. It makes her look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm also a proud 32A myself--I hate when girls with B cups say they're so flat! But I don't mind it much any more because I can wear lower-cut tops without it being too revealing or sexy. I do love push-ups bras though because without them I basically have nothing there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's so not flat! Though I think proud would be pushing it for what I am, I think I've come to terms with my lack of chestage. At least I never have to worry about looking slutty up top. :P

      Delete
  12. That 'slinky' evening dress reminds me of how a noble female Roman dressed back then. You may think I'm joking, but that's what I see when I look at it! LOL. BTW, Keira Knightley wore a dress that almost has the same color and design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a bit of a fashion throwback!

      Delete
  13. that ruffle top you have at the top is just beautiful. thanks for a wonderful idea!good post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just an extra incentive to keep the pervs away. They tend to flock around the big boobs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow If you think you're flat chested with a 32A cup, what you're gonna say about me being a 28A cup?










    Being 14 years old don't help either ;c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it! I hated hearing that when I was younger and flatter, but I literally had nothing going on under my shirt (a bra of any sort was purely vanity) until I was 18/19. I only got 'grown up' ones at 19.5! It will come, as long as you're eating enough and are healthy :) Some of us just take a while, haha.

      Delete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai