Jan 10, 2012

Kettle Cuisine

Today, I tried two of Kettle Cuisine's vegetarian (they also have meat-y) soups. 


The company was started in 1986 by Jerry Shafir, a chef (and a dad) who wanted to create healthy, delicious soups for those who can't eat gluten (like his daughter, Kate) to enjoy. I can (and do) eat (plenty of) gluten, but I thought I was excited to try the soups anyway, since I had the vegetarian 3 bean chili some time ago and enjoyed it.

And I always enjoy the ingredients, which don't include anything artifical, don't include any dairy (at least for these varieties), don't contain any MSG, and do have a whopping load of veggies and fiber.


Short and simple, the way I look it. They come in bowls (you're supposed to leave on the top, so you don't splatter your microwave - sorry, Mom).


Nuke it for about four minutes, ignore the mess, and then there's just one word left: Yum.


How on earth do the veggies taste so fresh and delicious? There aren't any preservatives, so I suppose it must be something to do with the freezing process, hmm....


Whatever. MMMMMMMM is more like it! The Tomato Soup with Garden Vegetables is sweet and flavorful, not too salty and anything but bland. I tend not to like soup, but I loved this! My mom and little sister loved it, too.


The Roasted Vegetable Soup was very good, too - it was my little sister's favorite (she said that we have to go the store for more), with its creamy potatoes and flavorful leek, but the Tomato Soup with Garden Vegetables is my new favorite.

Have you ever tried Kettle Cuisine Soup?


Do you know anyone called Katy?

10 comments:

  1. These look really good, I've never even heard of them before. Perfect to warm a tummy on a chilly day! :)
    Thanks for the review chica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandra - If you have a freezer, these would be awesome for school (so quick, easy, and yummy). I don't. BOO! :(

    Fabiana - Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious but unfortunately we don't have this brand here in Istanbul :(

    I'm following your lovely blog, I hope you'll have time to visit mine

    denizsaatcioglu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had it before, but looks delicious! Especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch, I love finding new blogs! xoxo

    http://joellenlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm i love soup :) i haven't tried kettle cuisine but i'll keep my eye out next time for them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!! Of course I follow you back!

    Win an amazing dress by entering the Free People giveaway on my blog!
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really easy, thanks for sharing!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deniz - You have such great style, but I can't understand a thing! :P

    caloricandcrazy - Sooooo good, I think you'd love them. :)

    Joellen - Thanks so much! I'm heading over to your blog ASAP!

    Haley - You should, they're good. ;)

    Frabrizia - I wish I could speak Spanish...those dresses are cute!

    Style Servings - Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai