Jan 30, 2012

Yummy Cookies

I have a die-hard sweet tooth. We all know this.

But who doesn't like cookies?


Goji Gourmet makes these superfood cookies that I was really stoked to try. They have things like almonds, goji, whole wheat flour, buckwheat honey, orange, oats, walnuts, ginger, wheat germ, and more in them. 

I've never had a ginger walnut cookie (isn't that cool sounding combo) but that's what these golden beauties are!


Ginger, walnuts and, of course, dried goji berries in whole grain, crispy cookies!


I'm more a soft cookie than crispy cookie type of girl, so I liked that, though these are crisp (they're not very thick, so that's probably why) they're still chewy.


Three words: yum, yum, yum. Though I didn't taste much of the walnuts, I really enjoyed the ginger flavor with the goji! It was really unique!

I'm also a fan of chocolate (who isn't?) so here's the goji cherry cacao:


The texture is the same, but the predominant flavors in this are chocolate and goji (there's just a subtle hint of cherry under the cocoa, but it's good that way).

They're sweet, chewy, and great for study time snacking. That said: more studying for this girl!

When are your midterm exams? I can't believe that I already have one in two weeks!


Have you ever tried goji berries?


What's the most unique cookie that you've ever had?

16 comments:

  1. I have a sweet tooth too and love cookies! These look awesome!

    I've never tried goji berries because I cant find them here :( They are on my iHerb wishlist though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these cookies are only available online, anyway (I linked to it in the post). :P They're so good, I can't believe they're all whole wheat - they don't taste like it at all! Though that could be interesting, too...

      Delete
  2. I am not a crunchy cookie kind of girl either. That combination just sounds nuts. It sounds wicked good though! I don't know the craziest cookie flavor I have ever had. I'll have to get back to that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine had a pretzel oreo chocolate chip cheesecake sugar cookie once. Yeah, it was *crazy.*

      Delete
  3. Wow, these look awesome! I've never tried goji berries, but I have this lotion that I LOVE that uses them. I've been wanting to try them in a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Chelsea! I've never heard of goji in anything non-foody, but that sounds really interesting! Goji berries are so yummy. :)

      Delete
  4. I've tried goji berry chocolate once and I liked it a lot!
    Goji berries have a perfect taste,a great balance between sweet and tart! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're fantastic! And I love the tough chewiness!

      Delete
  5. I want to try goji berries! I saw some dark chocolate covered ones at the store and they were outrageously expensive. I think like 15 bucks for a medium-small bag. But I heard they have AMAZING health benefits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yeah, goji berries are pretty expensive! But so yummy - I'm having cookies right now (study break!). ;)

      Delete
  6. I have been meaning to try goji berries. I see them every time I'm at Whole Foods but haven't picked them up yet. I'm sure they would be delicious in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a major sweet tooth, it is quite the problem sometimes haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love dried fruit, but I've never tried goji berries! They sound delicious though so I think I need to check them out.

    I can't believe you have midterms so soon! I've been lucky so far and have only ever had one real midterm in the year and half I've been in college. Usually they're around March though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goji berries are so good! I just don't get why they're so expensive...maybe they don't grow here?

      You're so lucky! Where do you go to school? I need to transfer! Haha, jk :P

      Delete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai