Feb 12, 2012

Looking Good for Good

We all like looking good. We all like doing good.

Except sociopaths, but I digress.

Anyway, if we all like looking good and doing good, what about doing good by looking good? In that spirit, here's a quick overview of a few fashion rands that enable you to do good by looking good!

FEED



They have bracelets, bags, apparel, etc. and are relatively affordable! The cause? World hunger.

Missoni for Orphanaid Africa




The red and white styles aren't cheap (think close-to and around $100) but how many shirts can say that they work towards fighting childhood disease, hunger, and poverty in Africa?

Fashion Fights Cancer

One-of-a-kind MONIQUE P√ČAN Cuff
 You can look cute in this cuff while fighting cancer! If you have a ton of money (those are real, devastation-free diamonds).



Does your windbreaker help fight cancer?



It seems that people either love or hate Toms. Yes, it's pretty much canvas in a really simple slipper form, but there is something to be said for simplicity. But several styles are vegan! And, at least, for the fact that a pair of shoes is donated to a child in need for every pair of shoes that is bought. 

I'd be all over them, if it weren't for the complete lack of arch support (then again, they could have the best arch support ever and I still wouldn't be willing to wear the wedding styles to my wedding, if I ever get married). 

Toms - love 'em or hate 'em?

What's your favorite brand of fashion for a cause?

14 comments:

  1. The stuff from Feed looks really good - I'm off to check out their website now. I'm definitely a Toms lover, and I've got a pair that are super comfy. I love how you can just slip them on and off. I'd love to buy more of them, except I'd end up with a hole in my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think I should definitely get a pair - oddly, I don't have any yet!

      Delete
  2. I love Toms and have a brown pair :) What is the website for the bracelets?
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's http://www.feedprojects.com . They have a lot of other accessories, too! And thanks for being interested. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the African shirts! I've never owned Toms but I'm not really a fan of them. They look like they're flimsy and have no support and they're pretty ugly. I do wish they were cuter so I could help out some children but I just can't. A lot of people love them though, so that makes me wonder haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're kind of cute but the flimsy/lack-of-support is probably why I don't have a pair...I really need a good pair of flats, though, and I just can't find them!

      Delete
  4. I've actually never owned Toms. I do like them though! I've considered buying a pair quite a few times but they don't seem very supportive or durable so I haven't.
    I love the FEED products! They're so adorable. I have one of their tote bags but I really want one of those bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links. I always love to buy from companies that are supporting a good cause. Makes me feel better about shopping too.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when popular and international known companies and brands give to charity! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it's great to use their power for something humanitarian. :)

      Delete
  7. The white cuff and TOMS are adorable! I actually really want to get a pair of TOMS because they seem so comfy and they're for a good cause. I also wish I had enough money to buy the cuff because it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai