Feb 20, 2012

My Favorite New Things

I love trying new things, as you know, and I also love reviewing things! I don't tend to post reviews about things that I feel 'meh' about, so if it's up here chances are that I love the food/product - or I hate, hate, hate. Hate, hate, hate. Double hate. Loathe entirely! it.

Anyone catch that quote? Okay, so maybe it's a little too early (late?) for the whole Christmas cheer thing. But is it ever not the right time for Christmas movie references?

Anyway, here are some of the things that I've tried recently and have gone gaga over:


Xocai chocolates! These peanut butter cups are creamy milk chocolate with antioxidant/ORAC/flavonoid contents to rival dark chocolate!


And yet they taste just as delicious as Reese's and have the same delightful creaminess.


YUM. I definitely recommend trying them - ASAP! ;)


Amazing Grass Amazing Meal powders! They're really delicious and they're a thick, shake-like drink that energizes me for more studying!


Plus, they pack a powerful punch:


And you have to love the bubbles:


My favorite flavor is chocolate - its color is a little...interesting. But it tastes like a chocolate shake - only somehow refreshing? I love when my tastebuds are confused (in a good way)!

I've also been loving this, on the dessert end of the spectrum. ;)

Protein Bakery peanut butter white chocolate chip cookie. They need to stop packing those in two-packs, because I can never stop at just one!

They're sweet and rich and creamy and sooooo moist. I guess that's what happens when your first ingredient is good ol' peanut butter.


The chew factor is ridiculous! I like my cookies big and soft. How does Protein Bakery know me so well???

And lastly, a cookie parfait. How do you make a cookie parfait, you ask? Easy. You crumble cookies (obviously more jumped in after the picture, but I wanted to catch some of the yogurt, too) on top of yogurt. I used Goji Gourmet Ginger Walnut cookies.


The sucky thing about late night snacks is that you can never get a good picture! I need one of those fancy light box things.

And when I say late, I mean laaaate - I hope my mom isn't reading this, she's always telling me to stop studying and get some sleep. Oh, moms. :P


You know me. Of course a crispy rice treat and a big handful of Walmart's best trail mix (peanuts, raisins, and M&Ms) joined the party. And a ton of peanut flour mixed into the top half of the yogurt, for awesomeness - it got seriously cookie dough like.

Oh, but I probably shouldn't put my food on my laptop. Whoopsies, bad me!


There are also chocolate chip Goji Gourmet cookies - quite an interesting flavor combo.

What's your go-to late night snack?


What are some of your favorite recent food product/brand discoveries?


Does your sleep schedule get out of whack around midterms/finals/random exams?

10 comments:

  1. All of these goodies look fabulous! I really want to try the protein bakery cookie things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanna try that A
    Amazing Meal, where do you get it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order it online here : http://amazinggrass.com/category/14/Amazing-Meal.html . I might have also seen it in Whole Foods? But I think it was cheaper online.

      Delete
  3. Those goji cookies look really yummy and a yogurt topping and those protein bakery cookies?! I need to find and buy them asap! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't think you can buy them in stores (boo!) but you *can* order them online. I recommend doing so ASAP, they're amazing. :P

      Delete
  4. I love the chocolate Amazing Grass too, it's so good and healthy without tasting 'too' healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing Grass is just awesome... I'm always so pleased to find these great companies/brands out there with these awesome products! If you know of any others, let me know. :)

      Delete
  5. Healthy peanut butter cups?? YAY! I need to try those sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! They're even creamier and yummier than Reese's (and healthy!!! It's crazy)

      Delete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai