Mar 20, 2012

Luna Protein Review : Double the fun!

As you know, I had my first Luna protein bar recently and loved it. Luckily for me, Mint Chocolate Chip isn't the only flavor they have. The review of the day is of the Luna Protein Chocolate and Luna Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bars.


The Luna Protein Chocolate is probably the simplest of the group - just pure creamy chocolate.


The chocolate is creamy and smoothy, with a chewy (nougat-ish?) interior. Absolutely no protein bar taste/aftertaste here!


All of the Luna Protein bars, so far, have the texture/taste of a milky way chocolate bar, except with their own flavors (solid milk chocolate, mint chocolate chip, and chocolate peanut butter) instead of the caramel.

YUM.

And, instead of the 260calories, 35g of sugar, 2g of protein, 1g of fiber, and 7g of saturated fat of the milky way bars, they have around 170 calories, 13g of sugar, 12g of protein, 3g of fiber, and and 3.5g of saturated fat each.

Sounds like a pretty great candy bar/snack alternative to me!


Sorry for the poor photo quality of these - this Luna Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter bar was a late night study snack (I see you, organic chemistry).


This one has an interesting texture...


...because it's chock-full of peanuts! This tasted like a combo Snickers/Reese's chocolate bar without the caramel and with the creamy stickiness (does that make sense?) of a Milky Way.

Again: YUM. Oh, and the interior of the bar isn't radioactive - that's my camera flash.

Note to self: Don't eat foods you want to review (so you need a picture) while studying at 1am/2am at night/in the morning. Lighting kind of sucks.

Poor lighting aside, these were both delicious  - but Mint Chocolate Chip is still my favorite. It's so unique and absolutely amazingly delicious!

There are two more flavors of Luna Protein that I haven't tried yet (Cookie Dough and Chocolate Cherry Almond - I can't wait to try them!) but I'm already excited for these bars to trend in the world of protein bars, so that they can develop a gabajillion more flavors for me.


Which flavor sounds best to you?

11 comments:

  1. I've had Luna bars before but wasn't a fan... maybe I'll give these protein ones a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had Luna bars, but these protein ones are pretty impossible not to like (unless you don't like chocolate. Which may just be impossible, too). :P

      Delete
  2. Gosh,these look good! I love that you review so many different bars. Although I can't get a single one here... Boo.
    I'd probably go for the Chocolate PB and/or the Mint Chocolate Chip flavor here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! Have you tried getting them online? You can usually order them straight from the company (or through iHerb or something).

      My goal for the spring is at least one new bar a week! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes;I did,but most companies don't ship to Germany. Clif,for example. :(

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Luna Protein bars! I haven't had one in a while, but they are AMAZING! Now I have a craving for one! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried the Luna Protein bars, but I've never been a huge fan of Luna bars in general, at least the ones with the chocolatey drizzle or coating. I used to love the Toasted Nuts 'n Cranberry and Berry Almond flavors though! And they used to have a line of breakfast cookie-type bars and the chocolate mint flavor was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand (I've never had the plain Luna bars) these are very different. I advise giving them a go! :)

      Delete
  5. I love these bars! They're more of a dessert for me, rather than a snack. But, like you said, they're the perfect candy bar alternative! You're going to love the cookie-dough flavor. It's delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai