Mar 15, 2012

(Not) Reese's Dip

Here, by popular request, is my (super-easy) recipe for (not) Reese's Dip!

(Not) Reese's Dip
Serves 1
1 minute prep
0 minutes cooking



* 1/2 cup beans
* 1 Tbsp. peanut butter (PB & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams makes it amazing) 
* 1 Tbsp. baking cocoa powder
* 7 drops NuNaturals Alcohol-free Stevia (or 1 Tbsp. sugar) 
* Pinch of salt
* Splash of milk of choice (dairy, coconut, almond, soy) 

1) Mash it all together with a fork (or in a food processor, if you're not a college kid/super-on-a-budget cook, like me). Add milk of choice, to thin.

2) Devour with veggies, chips, fruits, bread, or anything else that you want to dip in - or have it with ice cream! The options are endless....

....and it's ridiculously delicious AND healthy AND easy!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 76 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
123
Calories from Fat 
80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
8.8g
14%
Saturated Fat 
2.1g
11%
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
78mg
3%
Total Carbohydrates 
10.0g
3%
Dietary Fiber 
4.4g
18%
Sugars 
2.4g
Protein 
6.0g
Vitamin A 8%Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 3%Iron 10%
Nutrition Grade A-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points



I hope you enjoy it!

What would (did?) you dip in it?

19 comments:

  1. So funny...I made something similar a few months ago I called Reese's Bean-nut Butter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And gosh, that was a self-centered comment. I meant to also say that I like your variation...and I'm jealous that you have the NuNaturals. For some reason I can't commit to the purchase price...

      Delete
    2. No, not at all! I think it's super-cool when we all come up with similar stuff. :) The purchase price is a bit hefty, but it lasts SOOOOOOOOOO LONG because it's really concentrated. It also doesn't have a weird aftertaste and is a nice switch from nutritive sweeteners now and then (if you're trying to avoid those cavities or that sugar high/crash, *cough, cough, me*). I'd say go for it - and get the liquid kind, it's so awesome.

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm, this looks so good and really easy! I really need to invest in some NuNaturals liquid stevia. I love the kind I have now but they're in really tiny bottles so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna run out of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - and it's vegan! You could easily sub in sugar or agave nectar (I'd be wary about using honey/maple syrup/molasses, because of the different flavors they would introduce).

      Delete
  3. Oh my god-do you know my style. That looks awesome and Delicious! And so easy (the most important part!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're way too busy being collegiettes to not be kitchenbums - but quick&easy doesn't change the fact that even bean haters loved this (shh, she doesn't know it has beans in it...)

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Awesoome! Awesome!
    I really need to try this as soon as I have stocked up on peanut butter again. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe,girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, and yes - you do! I bet it could work with any other nut butter (or a tablespoon of peanut flour and a tablespoon of oil), too!

      Delete
    2. Great idea! Do you think cashew butter would work? :)

      Delete
    3. That sounds like it would be delicious! If you try it out, let me know how it goes (this could also be quite tasty with coconut butter...hmmmmmm)

      Delete
  5. What kind of beans did you use? I'm preparing some kidney beans right now to try this with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I did use kidney beans! Dark red ones (from a can, though, because I'm not as intense - I wasn't into doing the whole soaking & cooking for hours first thing, but good for you).

      Delete
    2. Oh, I just threw them in the Crock Pot.

      Delete
  6. Wow this recipe is highly dangerous- in that I would want to scoop and eat the entire thing with a spoon. But I supposed that wouldn't be the worst thing, now would it ;)

    Thanks for linking up to HVF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMM! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! What a fantastic link up of recipes and other GF goodies! Each week, I am so amazed! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) I hope that you'll join us this week! Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, interesting use of beans! I've had red bean treats before, so this should be just as good! Thanks so much for sharing at last week's Meatless Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai