Apr 7, 2012

(not) Reese's Chia Pudding Recipe

(not) Reese's Chia Pudding
* 1/4 c. chia seeds
* 1 c. milk (non-dairy - like coconut, soy, or almond - is just fine)
* 2 Tbsp. peanut flour
* 20 drops NuNatural Cocoa Bean Extract Stevia (or 1-2 tablespoons sugar)
OPTIONAL: Toppings (like chocolate chips, peanut butter, frozen/fresh berries, sliced banana, granola, etc. - go wild!)

1) Put chia seeds in a bowl. Try not to think of the chia pets you had as a kid.


2) Add all other ingredients (except optional toppings). Cover, let sit in fridge overnight.

3) Stir, be amazed by the new tapioca pudding consistency!


4) Add toppings...


5) Devour. YUMMMMM!


I can't believe how easy, filling, and delicious this is! How have I not discovered this earlier?? It definitely beats Reese's cereal for breakfast.

It's approximately:


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 278 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
212
Calories from Fat 
132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
14.6g
23%
Saturated Fat 
1.2g
6%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
180mg
8%
Total Carbohydrates 
16.3g
5%
Dietary Fiber 
12.2g
49%
Protein 
9.6g
Vitamin A 10%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 47%Iron 18%
Nutrition Grade B+
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points


Have you ever tried chia pudding?

What do you use chia seeds for?

11 comments:

  1. this sounds so good! I love anything reeses so I will be saving this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I need to get chia seeds asap. I can't believe that I don't have any.
    You can never go wrong with something that tastes like reeses. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever tried chia seeds? I can't believe I waited so long!

      Delete
  3. Oh my stars those stats are amazing. I'm going to be googling where I can buy chia seeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't believe it actually tastes good! :P

      Delete
  4. I've never tried Chia seeds yet because I can't find them anywhere in the stores here in Germany! Did you accidentally come across them during your stay?
    I'd love to try this recipe,sounds so yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I wasn't looking, but I can't imagine that they wouldn't have them there. Have you tried a Reformhaus? Otherwise, I bet iHerb would have them (if you haven't ordered anything from iHerb yet, you can use the code WOW241 for $5 off).

      Delete
  5. I still haven't tried chia seeds--I am so far behind haha! I love flax seeds though so I'm hoping I like chia seeds too. It just seems so cool that they can be made into thick puddings and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was until just now! I know, I'm always amazed by what they can do. :)

      Delete
  6. I cooked it at home once, it was not good. But I will try your recipe. I hope I will make good this time.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai