May 18, 2012
Posted by Living, Learning, Eating at 6:00 AM
recipe in ages, so it's high time! Hannah wanted me to reinvent a pudding, so here goes!I have a fantastic kitchen now and I haven't posted a new
Lemon Coconut Custard Puddding for One
1.25 c. full-fat coconut milk (Don't use almond milk/soy milk/rice milk/low-fat coconut milk, or this will turn out GROSS. As in, throw it down the garbage disposal gross - trust me).
1 Tbsp. Agar-Agar Flakes
7 drops Lemon NuStevia
Pinch of Salt
1) Mix the coconut milk and Agar-Agar flakes in a pot. Let sit for a few minutes (3ish), then bring to a bil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
2) Let cool until it's gelled. I did this on a cool day, so I just let it sit out on the counter top. As it heads into high heat summer, however, you may want to put it in the fridge!
3) Blend the gel (as in, in a blender) with the lemon, lemon NuStevia, and salt until more or less smooth.
4) Put it in the fridge for ~10 minutes.
5) Add whatever toppings you'd like (I had frozen berries and, post-picture, mixed nuts and crumbled crackers). ENJOY!
Quick, easy, healthy, and delicious - this pudding tastes like coconut custard pie, the kind with the tangy lemon layer, and is a great snack for summer!
Did you try it? How did you like it?
Do you like pudding?
What orange-flavored recipe do you want me to remake?