Jun 29, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Cinderella

I love, love, love Disney. All things Disney, in fact.

Disney music.

Disney movies.

Disney channel.

Disney parks.

Disney hotels.

Disney characters.

Disney service.

Disney food.

And, duh, Disney fashion! Seriously, some of the Disney princesses are the original fashionistas! Take Cinderella, for example.


The scene of the transformation, and this particular still of the dress dripping magic, always took my breath away. It's just so hopeful, so magical, so anything-can-happen.

I don't really know how to explain it, but it's that really full feeling in your chest where you want to cry and laugh and smile and sing and sob all at the same time. Disney does that - emotional heartstring player, much?

Anyway, melodrama aside, today's fashion procrastination inspiration is Cinderella! As always, this look is inspired by Cinderella's style - it's not meant to look like anything that she actually wears.

Flounced Open Back Dress, $22.80 Forever 21



Pearlescent & Rhinestone Studs, $3.80 Forever 21


Women's Chelsea Flat, $16.99 Payless Shoe Source


After the whole glass slipper debacle, I'd say Cinderella has probably learned her lesson about sensible footwear.

All in all, Cinderella's look comes to a total cost of $43.59. You don't need to spend like a princess to look like one!

But just to be absurd, and in case your budget resembles Cinderella's post-Prince Charming, check out this Cinderella-inspired chainsawed gown by Viktor and Rolf:


I'm not going to include a price, but let's just say that if you have any sort of budget at all (and it doesn't have the word 'unlimited' in front of it) this gown is better for just gushing over from your laptop.

What do you think of the Viktor and Rolf Gown?

Which Disney princess's style do YOU like the most?

30 comments:

  1. I love anything disney, you have to check out the disney wedding gown light, they are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore anything Disney,too,really - everything.
    My favorite princess has always been ARIEL,and it's also her style I love the most. So pure,so natural,yet super pretty and adorable. I especially like her blue & pink dress,ah,but the blue one a little bit more!
    I so want to have that blue dress you've just shown above,anyhow - it looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely id love to follow each other very nice blog! Following<3
    and p.s. Ariel all the way!

    sweetsweetnightingale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome!! I think it would be so fun to occasionally dress yourself in a Disney theme. I adore Disney as well...oh childhood...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinderella was, and is my favorite! Also, would love to follow one another. I am a new follower, now. Have a great weekend!
    -Morgan
    www.thejemjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, cinderella will be forever best fairytale-story, especially the 'shoes' part^^
    wanna follow each other, maybe?^^


    kisses
    Ayu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinderella- such a classic. I used to watch it over and over as a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same, I LOVE Disney! And loving those glitter flats, too. Thank you for the sweet comment darling, I would love to follow each other and am following you now! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this..I love disney and Cinderella was wonderful. Thank you so much for the comment, sure we can follow each other. Am following now..have a great weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these shoes! Mind to follow each other, sweetie?

    thefanglejungle.blogspot.com

    Kisses :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely inspiration, i luuv cinderella ^^
    Thank u for ur comment
    Sure we can follow each other
    I follow u now, hope u will do the same :)

    http://gagcloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you now hun :) thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!
    Hope you follow back & keep in touch! xox

    My Style Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    Personal Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am also a huge Disney fan. Love how you recreated Cindy's look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Disney takes me back to my early years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! love this post! :) Dreamy and beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cinderella is so inspiring - I dressed up as her for a party in contemporary fashion and it was a hit :D
    Lovely outfits chosen m friend!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me too! I totally agree with you :) Beautiful dresses ;) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you so much for visiting my blog sweetie. Let me tell you I LOVED your post.
    I can't afford to dress in desinger clothes, but that doesn't keep me from dressing like a princess.
    And, yes we can follow each other. Already did my part :)

    kisses from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  19. hey hey!

    got your comment and came back to follow you. you said you might follow back? :]

    xo,
    http://www.annacbie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am your newest follower! (And would love to see you following my little blog too!) And thank you for your comments on my blog (they made me laugh!) Your blog is gorgeous.


    http://meohmyyy.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. I already followed you :)follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog is amazing! :) Thank you for your comment! Of course I follow you!! Follow me back! It would mean so much for me!

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love you're blog, dear. I follow u :), hope u follow back.

    A lot of kisses.
    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/

    :*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great blog!!!

    Elle

    http://redischic.blogspot.it/2012/06/stockholm.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved this post, you should do this for the other disney princesses!
    Would you like to follow each other dear?

    ReplyDelete
  26. i adore disney too and I always loved arielle but also Cindarella and Jasmin :) wanna follow each other?
    xoxo eve

    ReplyDelete
  27. cute outfit inspired by Disney! Come by and check out my blog, if you like it I would love it if you followed me :)

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai