Jun 13, 2012

WIAW #42: If You Don't Feel Like Chewing Much...

I didn't do a day's eats this week (not that I really ever do), instead I put together a random fun post!

Peas and Crayons

I got my wisdom teeth (all four, all impacted) out a few years ago, but I know that a lot of people get theirs out over summer vacation.

Wisdom teeth out = not so much chewing. For me, that meant lots of smoothies, milkshakes, puddings, yogurts, porridges, and ice cream.

But there are also a ton of great, healthy food blogger foods to add to that list, if you want a little more variety! So if you're getting your wisdom teeth out, here are some things you can eat (in addition to the ones listed above):


I hadn't heard of green monsters when I got my wisdom teeth out, so I had a no-veggies week, but you don't have to give up your veggies just because you gave up a few teeth!


If you want to, of course, feel free - a week without veggies won't kill you.


But with delicious green monsters (above: banana, baby spinach, vanilla protein powder, agave syrup, cashew butter) it's so tempting to eat drink your tasty greens.

If you're getting wisdom teeth out, though, forgo the berries - especially raspberries and blackberries with their pits!


A few days in, when you can gum things a bit, my lovely chia oats are a good choice. Just forgo the delightful frozen berries (poor you!). You can add jam, though, and that will bring a similar flavor.

Have you gotten your wisdom teeth out?


Do you have a FUNNY wisdom teeth story? Make me laugh, please!

19 comments:

  1. Hate toothache, worst thing ever! But being forced to eat ice cream? Not so bad at all, and that smoothie looks gorgeous, so healthy and pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah, one of the reasons why I really didn't mind getting my wisdom teeth out that much at all...

      Delete
  2. Gladly,I still have my wisdom teeth,but my sister got them out last year and oh my,was she in pain...! She didn't want to eat jelly all the time though,so she purreed her spaghetti... Haha,it looked so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, getting my wisdom teeth out was actually fun for me - I got off work for a few days and I just watched TV and ate pudding all day! I remember talking to the doctor as he was giving me anesthesia, and it turned out he was friends with my track coach. We were talking about running, then I fell asleep, and when I woke up I resumed the conversation like nothing had happened! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of enjoyed getting mine out, in a weird way :P

      Delete
  4. oh, i got mine out last september (i think). all four of them :D
    i didn't had much pain or swelling in my mouth area, but i struggled a lot with eating.
    i couldn't open my mouth properly and i only ate soup and baby food. (oh... baby food is so disgusting. the fruity things were ok, but i am so sorry for babys who are forced to eat the pureed carrots...)
    i were so glad when i finally could eat toast after 5 days and even then i couldn't really chew it...sad :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, getting my wisdom teeth out was one of the worst experiences ever!! But, at least I did get to eat lots of yummy smoothies and shakes for like a week straight! Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago (this was a random post) but I healed up pretty fast - it wasn't that bad!

      Delete
  6. I got mine out last summer and yep, plenty of jello, ice cream and smoothies were consumed during this time! I hope you get and feel better asap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago! I think I wasn't clear about that - sorry guys!

      Delete
  7. ahhh wisdom teeth. I got mine out the spring break I was studying for the SATs...fun times. And I looked like a chipmunk and felt like rocks were in my cheeks ><!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your teeth! I wish you a swift recovery. I ate a lot of mango sorbet -- and pureed anything! I can't stay away from food for that long! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah wisdom teeth. I forgot when I got mine out but I know it was a week without veggies for me. It actually wasn't too bad. That is a good idea though because I know a lot of people get them out summer/spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i get to keep my wisdom teeth :D woot woot! haha
    good luck getting them out though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yeah, unrelated to this, but I sent you an email about the guest post. just letting you know in case it doesn't show up in your inbox and is marked as spam.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had 2 teeth screeched early this year and smoothies and oatmeal were my go-tos...and veggie soup! Really underestimated my appreciation for being able to chew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn autocorrect- extracted not screeched hehe

      Delete
  13. awww your blog is super cute!
    I don't have wisdom theeth ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got my wisdom teeth out over spring break when I was 15 and it was basically the worst spring break ever! Kidding, but it wasn't too fun, especially when I had to go to Easter Sunday service with puffy cheeks ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai