Jul 19, 2012

Celebrity Look for Less: Zooey Deschanel's New Girl

Zooey Deschanel is the New Girl on the block and, frankly, we can't help but like her. She's sweet, endearingly awkward, and lovely in an approachable way.

And her fashion? Quirky, fun, and (for a change) parent approved.

In this week's celebrity look for less, we're taking a page out of Zooey's book.


You can wear it to your job, your internship, your interview, or class. And heck - it's cute enough to wear out and about, shopping, people watching, or being your usual fabulous self.

With her self-deprecating down-to-earth-ness and light-hearted humor, it's easy to forget that she's a celebrity. But that doesn't change the fact that she is a celebrity and has a celebrity's budget.

A.K.A. not mine.

And probably not yours (but who knows?) so here's how to mimic get her conservative-cute look without breaking the bank!

Cardigan - $19.99, Target




Tank - $8, JC Penney


Bangle - $4.75, Claire's


Skirt - $17.97 (26.94), Old Navy


Stockings - $3.95, H&M


Shoes - $19.99 ($49.99), Kohl's


Because I like loafers better and they're way more in than plain old flats.

This comes to a total cost of $74.65. Happy shopping!

Do you watch New Girl?


What are your favorite TV shows?


Do you use Hulu a lot? I go through phases with Hulu - I prefer a real television to my computer screen, but sometimes Hulu is just more practical!

17 comments:

  1. I like New Girl and Zooey is sooo sweet :)
    Her style is just lovely!
    My favorite show is Supernatural - but I like a lot TV- Shows (to much actually :D)
    and in my country I can't use hulu :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Supernatural, but I remember that from the fall - no Hulu and no Pandora. It sucked!

      Delete
  2. I love New Girl, so quirky and funny! Some of my favourite tv shows- game of thrones, true blood, smallville, big bang...I watch too much tv because I could list more lol

    I can't use Hulu in my country but I definitely download lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love new girl and zooey as well! she seems so down to earth and normal compared to most celebrities. she's also gorgeous!

    following you now!
    xoamy
    www.cupcakesncouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute..jsut follow you...maybe you can follow me back through Facebook or email?

    cheers;)
    EDGYMIX-TRAVEL FOR FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only watched 1-2 eps of this show...thought it was cute but couldn't keep up. Love her though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous finds!
    Love that skirt!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Zooey Deschanel!!

    xx
    mikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love zooe..Since Im a mom of two young girls her classy, family friendly style always.catches my eye!! I mainly.watch netflix more than tv so I m into Sons.of Anarchy at the moment! Great post :)

    sweetsweetnightingale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great finds! and great price. i would have to say im excited for the new Project Runway season!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute combo! love the show, btw.

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
    see you around!

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love the skirt. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Use HULU to watch lots of TV drama and Korean Drama!!! ahahaha..I do like Zoe Deschanel and she is really very cute;)


    EDGYMIX-TRAVEL FOR FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE Zooey and her show. She's my girl crush, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute post! I looove The New Girl! It's one of my favorite shows. And I think Zooey Deschanel is beyond adorable. I was so excited to see that she's nominated for Best Actress in a Comedy Series at the Emmy Awards this year- I'll be rooting for her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zooey's red skirt is adorable! I love her colorblocked outfit, it's such an easy trend to wear but it looks so chic. I haven't seen any of the New Girl episodes but I do love The Newsroom on HBO. Maybe because it reminds me of the atmosphere at my TV internship ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the New Girl & kinda have a crush on Nick ;)! I love Zoey too- cute & quirky, definitely someone I can imagine being friends with. I hope she & Nick end up together..which I'm sure the will, it's just a matter of seasons!

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai