Jul 21, 2012

Going Wild and Zen Inspiring Eats

The veganification continues!

And yes, that's a word - just don't look it up. Webster hasn't quite accepted it yet, but he's behind the times.

Anyway, with the continued veganification, I need more vegan-friendly brands to rely on! Luckily, the number of vegan-friendly products, cafes, etc. is constantly increasing.

And this week I get to review a healthy snack from Wilderness Poets!


I love the wild. Drop me in the woods, preferably for camping or hiking, and I'm happy as Pooh Bear with a pot of honey. Add literature (okay, maybe not poetry - but some novels) and it's sheer perfection!

From the name of the company to the name of the snack - Song of Abundance, how much more zen can you get? - it's catchy. Luckily, the company isn't just catchy. Their mission statement lives up to expectations: We believe that sharing delicious, wholesome foods, grown on small organic family farms, can help heal people, our communities, and planet.


Sounds good to me. Even better, the trail mix is truly just a mix of wholesome, natural foods.


With only 6 (7, if you count the coconut nectar) ingredients, all of which are not only pronounceable but actually recognizable in the product (except the coconut nectar, which you can't see) it's something I can definitely feel good about snacking on, whether I'm in the woods or not.


And this combination is delightful! I often pick trail mixes apart and eat them constituent by constituent, but this was such a winning combo of flavors that I wanted to have them all in my mouth at the same time.

I was surprised that the cacao nibs would work with the goji berries and raisins, but they did. They add a burst of flavor, an extra layer of depth, that really enriched the overall taste.

Two thumbs up!

What's your favorite trail mix?


Do you like the wild?


Are you a fan of poetry?

30 comments:

  1. Amaazing blog and I really love it.

    Very nice photos :))



    ~~follow each other?



    http://lajune16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love trail mix, especially home made.
    Yummy post!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trail mix is so addictive...and so much more satisfying than you'd expect! Almonds and raisins are a must for me, and coconut flakes also adds a yum dimension to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seems deliciouso :)

    satmahayu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....where did you find all this!!! Amazing:)....need to try.Yum

    EDGYMIX-TRAVEL FOR FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love trail mix..it never disappoints!lol

    sweetsweetnightingale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post!
    come by and lets follow each other if you love to do:)
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! I am now following! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks yummy :D
    nice post
    btw can we follow each other? http://ciachiaa.blogspot.com/
    i promise i'll follow you back
    glad for visit here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fruits and nuts and the like, but I have oddly never fallen in love with trail mix! Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried an organic trail mix a while back that was a part of my foodie penpal package, and it had mulberries...which are now my most favorite things in trail mix (if they're even in the mix in the first place)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw mulberries at Whole Foods the other day, but didn't buy them because they were expensive and looked weird. Now I want to try them!

      Delete
  12. I'm new to this veganification! :)

    Following you now! Follow back?


    Daney
    http://daneyrecabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for visit and comment my blog :)
    bad :s sorry dear, i can't see your name on my followers list
    can try again?

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog <3 just followed you. hope you'll follow back :)

    http://jasmintriestoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog! Very stylish and well diversified. :)
    Welcome to my blog: http://photographyismyexistence.blogspot.com/
    Yours. Patricja [;

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi hun, thanks for the comment, you said you followed my blog but your name is not on my list of followers. Please let me know when you do so I can follow you too!

    www.thesequincinderella.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for visiting. Add to watched blogs. Feel more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks hun :) Following you now!

    www.thesequincinderella.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting post :)

    I'm now following your blog, hope you visit and follow back if you like my blog too <3

    sartorialconnoisseur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love trail mix...but as until recently I've never done much hiking, I tend to just call it "school mix." It's perfect for keeping up energy when you only have a minute or two to grab a snack while trying to teach rambunctious elementary school students. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School Mix is so worth it - are you excited for back to school in about a month? My little sister is going into the 2nd grade, I think it's awesome that you're a teacher!

      Delete
  21. You sound just like me, I am big on camping, hiking, kayaking, and everything that is out in the great outdoors! I tend to make my own trail mix when we go camping by mixing in different nuts, various dried fruits and whatever else I see in the bulk section that I think sounds good!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog. I would love to follow one another! Let me know!
    xx
    If you have a free moment I would so appreciate if you could check out my new post!

    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks yum!
    xo
    MOSAMUSE

    www.MOSAMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never heard of this company but that trail mix sounds divine!
    I usually create my own trail mix from the bulk bins at Whole Foods! It's so much fun to customize it based on my cravings and I never get bored! I usually try to include 2-3 types of nuts, 1-2 dried fruits, some sort of cereal or grain, and something sweet (like carob chips!), but it all depends. (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. this snack looks amazing. We don´t have it in germany, but my fave snack is dried mangos:)thx so much for your nice comment and for following, I am followinf back via gfc. I love your eating post:)
    keep in touch,
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like your blog! I wish i can eat nuts like you, but every time I do so, i get bad breakouts :(
    Recently i started on Krilloil and am having reactions on the face. sigh. anyway, continue to write such awesome posts!
    www.elaine-ashire.com

    Come by say hi sometime ^_^
    Now following your blog,looking forward for more recommendations!

    elainexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And don't worry, I have LOTS of reviews planned for the rest of the summer :) I'm really sorry to hear about your nut/breakout situation! My cousin has the same thing, especially with peanuts, and I would absolutely hate having that. :/

      Delete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai