Jul 30, 2012

Vegan Greek Yogurt

I've never had So Delicious anything before, as I've always just written them off as That Coconut Milk Company and I'm in a committed relationship with almond milk.

Not only does So Delicious make almond milk however (and with 5g of protein, way more than the usual measly 1g - but that's a different post for a different day), but they also make vegan creamers, ice creams, and - wait for it - YOGURTS!!!

Including a Greek style yogurt, y'all. 


Yup, Pumbaa, I couldn't believe it either.

But it's real, the pictures prove it.



And it really is vegan (and fiber rich, hey-hey-hey!) with nothing too weird in there - it's based off of coconut milk, in case you were curious. 


Sure, it doesn't look exactly like dairy greek yogurt at first, but it sure looks better than some other vegan yogurts do, pre-stir.


There's no weird watery layer that you have to mix in and it does already look thick and creamy. 

Post-stir, the texture really does come pretty darn close. Do you see how well that's holding up?


Yup, it's thick as can be. Creamy, thick, and fabulous - all the things I'd been missing in greek yogurt.


Now does it taste exactly like greek yogurt? No, it doesn't.

It doesn't have the sour tanginess of greek yogurt and, though I did appreciate that they had a plain flavored yogurt since many vegan companies don't, it was a lot sweeter than dairy greek yogurt. Then again, it doesn't claim to be greek yogurt - it's a greek-style yogurt and that it is.

It also is tasty and it is creamy and it is a great base of a parfait or a yogurt mess or a yogurt and cereal bowl. I bet it will work wherever you need greek yogurt in a recipe and it does the trick when a greek yogurt craving hits, but is vegan-friendly. No, it's not exactly like dairy greek yogurt but it is delicious and I'll definitely enjoy it again.


It was delightful with some cinnamon, frozen blueberries, and dried cranberries. And a side of good book, of course.


It got even better when the blueberries thawed out a bit, releasing their syrup, and with a spoonful of soy nut butter.



I'd always thought So Delicious's claim, 'You're SO gonna love this' was as cocky as it gets, but they've already changed my mind. Even if everything else they make is icky (which I seriously doubt, considering how AMAZING this is - the best vegan yogurt I've had across the board in taste, texture, appearance, and nutritional stats) this yogurt validates their statement. 


It's not cocky if it's true. And guys? It's true. You really are SO gonna love this.


Have you tried So Delicious Greek-style coconut yogurt? If you're vegan or lactose-intolerant, you need to! Even if you're not, you ought to!

What are your favorite yogurt toppers of the moment?

69 comments:

  1. Great post !

    Hmm looks good :)
    If you have the time you are always welcome on my blog :)

    I just wanted to let you know I’ll be following you around from now
    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, this looks delicious, i really want to try "So Delicious" products, all those almond milks and ice-creams and now this ;)
    I just want to take a spoon and put it in computer - that doesn't happen with dairy Greek yogurt ( this sounded silly, i know )!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, this is soooooooo good! There's an entire So Delicious shelf in my fridge now #noshame

      Delete
  3. I really wish Germany was more into vegan products,especially dairy-substitutes. I feel like it is much easier to be vegan in America or Great Britain than it is here in Germany because here,vegans only have very limitied food choices indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just a matter of time until the companies with truly awesome products, like this, expand to Germany :)

      Delete
  4. I love everything about your blog. I'm your newest follower! Hope you can check mine too! xo

    Nikki of Inside The Closet
    http://nicolalejenadro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks really good, i wish we had such awesome vegan yogurt alternatives here in germany...
    i try to eat less diary products, but i loove yoghurt and the soy yogurt i tested was not tasty at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey dear I was here ...... love the post.... hope you got my earlier comment... am waiting for your mail..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! I have tried the coconut and the almond greek varieties. Coconut milk was the winner in my book! It makes a delicious frozen banana treat!

    http://mintchocolatechick.com/2012/06/22/chocolate-faux-yo/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much more filling and more substantial in consistency :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks, your blog looks great!
    I followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment <3
    New follower waiting for you :)
    Xxx

    Carolina

    www.the-world-c.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, seems legit! :9 But I never have this kind of yogurts before. I always buy them instead at places like Sour Sally, Froyo, etc :/

    Wanna follow each other? Lemme know!
    BLOG | TWITTER | TUMBLR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! And froyo = awesome. So Delicious should figure out some dealio with Pinkberry and Red Mango. They could run a vegan machine, so vegans could enjoy Pinkberry & Red Mango, too!

      Delete
  11. Sounds amazing! I have Greek yogurt all the time, every morning actually, but this sounds even better - almond milk? Yes please!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this one was with coconut milk - but they have almond milk, too! I'd definitely try it out :)

      Delete
  12. sounds great!

    www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good - I'm actually having the chocolate flavor right now, topped with granola and melty peanut butter. SO. GOOD.

      Delete
  13. hey, thanks for the lovely comment on our blog, following you-follow back?xo

    www.smallpursebigwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post, you have a cute blog, follow each other? let me know and i will follow right back;)
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! Your blog is so cute and quirky-- definitely following! I'd love if you'd follow back!

    xoxo
    Remy
    mydailythreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice photo ;)

    I will follow you ;)

    Please come to my blog too ;)

    ann-fashion-model.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I followed you!! follow mine? http://brightbrightdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, I followed you! And I also love greek yogurt. ^^
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never tried Greek yogurt, but I hear that it is really good.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow..my friend would love this...and so do I:)
    I need to find this in NYC!!!
    EDGYMIX-TRAVEL FOR FASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in NYC, it's super easy to find here! I picked mine up from Whole Foods :)

      Delete
  21. Hmmm...looks interesting! I am not a vegan, but I do like to eat a bit cleaner than the norm.

    I mayyyy have to try this.

    Cheers. Thanks for stopping by life in mod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no such thing as dirty eating! :P But vegan food can be pretty tasty - you def don't need to be vegan to enjoy this!

      Delete
  22. Great blog! Thank you for visiting :) I'll follow =]

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been dying to try their coconut and almond milk Greek-style yogurts, but not even the Whole Foods near me carry them...boo! I love the other So Delicious products I've tried like their almond milk ice cream and almond milk with protein so I'm excited to try their yogurt too if only I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried the store locator on their website?

      Delete
  24. Mmmm I can see why they call it do delicious my friend :D
    It looks fantastic!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  25. Replies
    1. I recommend it with granola and peanut butter :)

      Delete
  26. I love yogurts) Pumba is nice!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know please!
    kisses)

    http://tiebow-tie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. great post! followed you, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for your lovely comment!!! I follow you now!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.com.es/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. yummy,looks so amazing and good!
    www.spliffedcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a really thorough review! I have seen this yogurt in store but haven't tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Greek yogurt was the hardest thing for me to give up when I transitioned to a 100% vegan diet. I used to love it! But, I can honestly say that I don't really miss it anymore. So Delicious' vegan version is...well, so delicious! I'm glad that you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm new follower №178 on GFC, but I can't see you in my list)Also following you on Bloglovin (№8)
    I hope you
    ll do the same)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so amazing. Where i live there are literally NO vegan products (including restaurants and cafes)….this looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oooh that sounds awesome! The consistency looks a little different but awesome nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I might have to try that! I love coconut milk, and it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have tried it! and it is delicious! Could you please consider following each other? I have started my blog a bit over a month and I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT. www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.cm Twitter: @shineonbyandrea Instagram: Shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for this post. I just read a PETA poster on Vegan substitutes for baking and started feeling very guilty about my love for Greek yogurt. It settles my weak stomach and it is what I have for lunch instead of having nothing. I can't eat much during the day or I feel very sick. I am glad to know there are alternatives to my Greek yogurt need but now I have to find out where to buy this stuff without having to travel an hour + into Boston. I hope it is not very expensive. A quart or regular Greek yogurt is $4.00.

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai