Sep 15, 2012

English Muffin Love - Chocolate, Carob, Peanut Butter, Honey Style!

I LOVE English Muffins. I also really like sprouted bread, so sprouted bread + english muffin =


Food for Life makes organic, sprouted, whole grain foods. Their products vary from tortillas, to cereals, to pastas, to bread, to English muffins, to rolls and tortillas - but when I got a coupon for a Food for Life product, there was only one obvious choice.



English muffin time! They come in a six pack (I got the plain sprouted grain ones, but they also have cinnamon raisin ones) and frozen, so they'll last months. Not that they'd every actually last that long, considering how yummy they are.


If you don't want to thaw them the long way, you can stick them in the microwave for a minute or (as I did) in the toaster.

I ate half with just peanut butter, enjoying the grainy heartiness that only sprouted grain English muffins have - regular English muffins just can' compare.

Then with the other half...


Peanut butter, drizzled with honey, topped with cacao nibs! It's a great combo on the hearty bread and even better when, post photo session, a big handful of carob chips joined the party.


English muffins are just so fun because they soak up toppings and are so fun to have as a snack, or part of a yummy breakfast or lunch.

Oh, wait - I do have a photo of another half of an English muffin that I had (because the combo is so delicious that I just had to have more). The carob chips sort of all melted together into chunks...


But they still tasted pretty darn awesome :)

Have you ever had a sprouted grain English muffin?

What's your favorite way to eat English muffins?

What's the most unexpected topping combo that you've ever put on an English muffin?

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Ezekiel raisin english muffins! I sally spread them with coconut oil and salt! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks good. I've had Ezekiel Bread Brand sprouted muffins and love putting peanut butter on my toast or muffins. The chocolate chips would just be over the top for me! Yum.....This would be a perfect recipe for the contest Sabrina? Hint hint!http://canned-time.com/2012/08/31/healthy-fun-food-recipe-contest/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. English muffins are great! I like how you mixed PB with carob chips since it looks so delicious. I've only been hearing good things about Ezekiel Breads so I'll have to try them sometime :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those english muffins are by far my favourite kind as well!! I prefer them over the bread for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now I am definitely feeling the need for an English muffin :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love their cinnamon raisin English muffins but I haven't had them in way too long! The PB and cacao nib/carob combo sounds amazing. I am obsessed with the nut butter and dark chocolate combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sprouted bread too. So good!
    And your English Muffin, PB, honey and carob combo looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from Food For Life. We are so pleased that so many people are interested in our products! I wanted to let you all know that you can find coupons for ANY and ALL Food For Life products at WWW.CommonKindess.Com under Coupon Group One and pull down menu Organic! Happy Eating and Be Healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Вeсause his “jobs сzar” praised Geгmany foг thе simple
    fаct that “government and businesѕ еntеrprіѕе [perform] as a pаck.
    The enteгprise also designed a line of outѕide gasoline grіllѕ nаmed "Grill - Grasp" grіlls
    that were bought through the UЅ. Diversе
    forms of coοkіng utеnsіls are reаlly
    іmρоrtant tο cоok ԁinneг fоod ѕtuff.


    Feеl frеe to visit my site freemail9.net/small-appliances/tag/03510/
    My web site Testing Small Appliances » Chicago Metallic

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai