Sep 8, 2012

Tofurky Vegan Products Review

As promised, here's my review of Tofurky's meatless Italian Sausage. I made it for dinner for my family one night (including my meat-loving, averse-to-tofu dad) and, needless to say, everyone loved it.

Why needless?


Because look at that sausage - delicious, no? It didn't fool the meat lover (my dad, an agricultural scientist) but it fooled my German mother, who grew up on sausage. Both of them loved it!


I really liked it too. A lot. Especially with mustard, ketchup, and sauteed onions (I sauteed them together with the tofu sausages). These are definitely not the nasty tofu sausages that became infamous in the crunchy-granola 70s. 


The only one of us who didn't love it was my seven-year-old sister. She enjoyed the sausage, too, but had to give up after a quarter of one because it was just too spicy for her.


The rest of us liked the spice, though (even wimpy me), because it complemented the basil and sun-dried tomatoes in the tofu sausage really well.

Oh, as to how I cooked them: I just put them in a pan with some oil (and the chopped onions) and browned them. Easy as peas!

Actually, scratch that. Easier than peas - considering that I did just fine with the sausages, but totally burnt the peas (whoopsies).

As a bonus, here's a quick review of their hot dogs!


I never liked hot dogs but these are really good. They have a different texture than hot dogs, definitely more tofu-y, so you won't be fooling any meat eaters. But why bother fooling them when you can just convince them that the vegan version is awesomer?


My meat-eating friend loved these, too, both of us really liked the spicing. The hot dogs are flavorful and delicious, perfect for making a little mid-afternoon salad all the awesomer!

And yes, I'm going to act like that's a word. Yes, I go to Harvard. Yes, I call myself a writer. Are we done? :P

Do you like sausages? Tofu or meat?

What's the tastiest dinner you've had lately?

Do you ever cook for your family?

3 comments:

  1. I love tofurky products! The veggie dogs and pepperonis are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the look out for veggie sausages I adore them! Let's hope Australia starts getting in these products too :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm. Those look and sound really good!

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai