And, um, my crazy chocolate sweet tooth...
But seriously, two new recipes in a week - whaaaaat?
These chocolate peanut butter cups are healthy, natural, made of just a few ingredients, and are 100% vegan to boot!
And they're just ridiculously delicious. So that's pretty awesome.
You can whip them up in five minutes (less if it's hot out and your coconut oil is already melted) and they are ready to eat after an hour in the freezer.
* 1/3 c. coconut oil (I used Tropical Traditions), melted
* 0.5 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's baking)
* 3/4 c. Cane Sugar (I used Alter Eco Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar)
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling -
* 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter (I used Earth Balance)
* 8 Ritz Crackers, crushed
* 1/4 c. Cane Sugar (I used Alter Eco Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar)
1) Mix all of the chocolate ingredients together in a medium bowl.
2) Distribute 2/3 of the mixture among 7 cupcake liner-lined cupcake/muffin cups.
|The finished chocolates, after freezing|
3) Mix the peanut butter filling ingredients together in a small bowl.
4) Distribute the peanut butter filling between the seven cups. Smooth it out over the chocolate layer.
5) Fill the rest of the each cup with the remaining chocolate mixture.
6) Cover and freeze for approximately an hour, until hardened.