It's always such an amazing feeling to come home for break and see the lights lighting up the house and yard, as well as the fluffy green tree, beautifully ornamented and presiding over piles and piles of presents. My family did an awesome job with our tree this year!
I love the color scheme. Some years we just throw it all up on there and it's a crazy colorful mess, which is great, too, but this year my sisters and mom went with a nice wintry color scheme. I love it!
Christmas vacation means sleeping in, catching up, baking up a storm, and time for leisurely lunches - no lecture or work to run off to!
One of my mom's favorite occasional lunches is quiche. We don't have it often, since it's one of those things that sounds so intimidating to make, but it's perfect for the holidays! It's not actually that tough to make, though it is a little time consuming, making it a great holiday lunch.
With protein-packed eggs and calcium-rich cheese, plus some veggies in the filling, it's a great healthy option for lunch!
I adapted a general recipe for quiche that I had lying around, in order to fit what I had in the fridge.
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 10oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
* 4oz can mushrooms, drained
* 8oz Kraft Shredded Mexican Four Cheese
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 9" unbaked ready pie crust
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1c. milk (I used 2%, but whole milk works, too!)
1) Saute garlic and onion in melted butter over medium heat, until browned (5-7 minutes).
2) Stir in mushrooms, spinach, and shredded Mexican Four Cheese.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Spoon into pie crust, spread evenly.
5) Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) Pour into pie crust, let it mix with the spinach mix already in there.
8) Bake in preheated 375F oven for 15 minutes.
9) Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top, bake for 35-40 more minutes (until set in center).
10) Cool for at least 10 minutes (it'll be a mess to cut if you try any sooner!) then serve and enjoy!
To save a little money (more for Christmas shopping!) head over to http://coupons.target.com/kraft-coupons to get coupons for the Kraft Shredded Cheese. The Kraft coupons are red
eemable exclusively at Target and can get you up to $20 in savings on participating Kraft products!
I personally really like the Kraft Shredded Cheese because it's natural, convenient, and melts really smoothly. Both my mom (more of an epicurean) and my little sister (a flavor-sensitive eight-year-old) really liked it!
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.