Feb 3, 2014

Diet to Go Review!

It's been a while since I've done a Diet to Go review, but they're a really handy meal delivery service for those strapped for time but still wanting healthy meals. Cost-wise, they're also no more expensive than eating out (which is nice, since that's generally the alternative when you're too strapped for time for the whole grocery shopping and cooking thing).

Diet to Go Vegetarian Plan Frozen Foods Cooler 
I tried week 4 of the vegetarian plan and again enjoyed the ease of the online menu management portal to sub meals that I wasn't as interested in out for meals that I was.

Diet to Go Vegetarian Plan Pantry Foods Box
Like the Claire's Quinoa Salad meal, which I requested multiple of since it was so amazingly delicious! The salad bit is a bit of a misnomer, because I think leafy greens when I think salad and there's none of that here - just pure healthy carbs and grains. Still, YUMMO.

Quinoa on the left, bean salad on the right - it arrives frozen, you just pop it in the microwave!
The side of beans in a flavorful dressing is also delicious, if a little oily for my taste.

Strawberry Banana Muffin Breakfast with vanilla cream cheese, organic low fat strawberry yogurt
The breakfasts were delicious, too.



From the sweet blueberry pancakes with flavorful soy sausages, to the creamy fruited yogurt with granola, to the sweet fluffy muffins, to the hearty whole wheat bagels, they're all delicious and packed with the nutrients you need to start the day right.



No light fruit salads with no substance here, these are meals that keep you going. Even the yogurt parfait breakfast includes a nice little container of granola, instead of just a sprinkling on top.



That trend is consistent through all the meals and the portions are generous enough that you aren't left hungry.

Veggie Pizza
If you're not actually on a diet, as I'm not, but just strapped for time and looking for a healthy meal delivery, you can add in snacks between meals.

Soy Creole meal (unpictured brown rice included)
Thus it's even a really great, helpful option for people who don't want to limit calories!

What's your favorite breakfast?

What's your favorite grain? I'm a little late to jump on the band wagon (what else is new?) but I've really been enjoying quinoa lately. All day, errday.

Have you ever used a meal delivery service? What was your experience?

1 comments:

  1. Cost-wise, they're also no more expensive than eating out (which is nice, since that's generally the alternative when you're too strapped for time for the whole grocery shopping and cooking thing). diet food delivery services

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai