Feb 16, 2014

Sponsored - Ultra-Easy Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe!

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Hood. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

It's fun to try off the wall recipes and gourmet foods, but sometimes you just want classic comfort foods that are sure to please a crowd.


This recipe, an easy twice baked potatoes dish, is a great side or entree to bring to potlucks, sports watching parties (oh hey, Olympics), or anything else that calls for a classic comfort food!

I used Hood All Natural Sour Cream, a rich and creamy sour cream with no preservatives or unnatural additives to make the fluffy potato filling in the twice baked potatoes.



It adds a little tartness, which goes great with the cheese and green onion flavors, as well as makes the
consistency of the filling really smooth.



All without unnatural food products! Healthy is delicious.


To make this recipe even easier and more potluck-friendly, I used a disposable foil pan. So little clean up! So much happiness.

Ultra-Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
Makes 4 servings

* 2 large baking potatoes
* 1/4 c. whole milk
* 1/2 c. shredded cheese (I used a 'taco' mix that had cheddar and monterey cheeses, as well as spices!)
* 2 Tbsp. butter
* Salt, to taste (~1/4 tsp.)
* Pepper, to taste (~1/4 tsp.)
* 4 green onions, sliced


1) Bake the potatoes at 350F for 1 hour.


2) Cool for 10-15 minutes, then slice in half and scoop the insides out into a large bowl. Save the skins.


3) Add the other ingredients (except half of the cheese and half of the onions) and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Or, if you're a student/otherwise household-challenged, you can do it the ghetto creative way and puree it all in a blender. Because I don't have a hand mixer and my parents are The. Best. Ever. And gave me a Ninja Blender for Christmas (AHHHHHH! I'm so in love) I did it that way.


4) Spoon the filling into the skins.



They will be pretty full to overflowing, but it's not the sort of filling that melts so don't worry about piling it up.


5) Sprinkle the remaining sliced green onions and cheese shreds on the baked potatoes.


6) Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes at 350F.


Enjoy!



These are perfect to share. Try my recipe (above) or check out Hood's Facebook page for more fun recipes!

Love spuds? Tweet it!

2 comments:

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai