Feb 9, 2014

Valentine's Day Fashion - How to Wear Red Without Being a Crayon!

With Valentine's Day coming up, it can be fun to think about dressing up for the holiday!

Mostly because, if you know me, you know I will take just about any excuse to dress up. But dressing up in head-to-toe red or pink can easily cross over to Crayola and looking like a crayon is rarely the idea. To avoid this, go with a simple red dress, instead!


In this recent shoot with Boston-based photographer Smita Jacob from Hogger & Co (she's awesome) and makeup artist Molly Rita Leahy, we paired a simple red dress with a red lip for a fun look that's as easy to look as it is to put together.



Extra props for fun details like slits! High slits are huge with maxi dresses this spring and they really work well with simple, solid-color dresses.


Add a fun necklace, like these that Smita's sister makes, because another benefit of solid colors is that you don't have to worry too much about over-accessorizing.


What are your favorite excuses to dress up?

Do you like wearing dresses? I love it! They're the perfect outfit for when you're in a rush.

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai