Mar 6, 2014

The Vegan Garden Meal Delivery Review

I promised you guys a few weeks ago that I would review The Vegan Garden vegan meal delivery service for you! It's basically a traditional frozen meal delivery service, but 100% vegan and all packaged in space-conserving, roommate-friendly flat packs that are perfect for when you're sharing a freezer.

No matter what the dish, it's always almost flat - this, for example, is the Szechwan Eggplant
Other frozen meal plans, where you have to somehow magically fit a week's worth of meal trays into a single freezer next to your roommate's frozen peas and questionable frozen, thawed, refrozen, rethawed, (repeat indefinitely) mystery meat.

These are way yummier (and have way better food safety) than that.

Szechwan Eggplant
The packets, since they have all the air sucked out and are flattened for space-saving, can look kind of small. But once you cut the packet open and warm the food up, the meals really aren't! They're well-portioned, satisfying, and absolutely delicious.

Zesty Zucchini Soup
There were several soups, which were all a little salty for my taste but otherwise tasted pretty good.



They're also perfect for warming up on those cold days!

There were also heartier meals and plenty of cheesy meals.



I don't eat much cheese ordinarily, because I'm a bit lactose-intolerant and there's nothing that gets me to that pukey place faster than cheese or straight-up milk, but the Enchilada De Colorado was amazing, so cheesy, so rich, and so delicious.



But the best part was that it didn't make me feel sick! Yay! This was definitely one of the bigger meals - I was stuffed after that.

One of my other favorite was the Jambalaya. Before I became vegetarian, I enjoyed sausage - so the vegan sausages in this and the hearty, creamy, delicious brown rice dish was a real treat.



I would definitely order this again. But it would still probably be a tough call, because there are so many options

The Vegan Garden probably has more variety than any other service I've heard of (or at least had the opportunity to try so far). You choose what you want when you want it and it arrives conveniently frozen so you can eat what you want when you want it!

Chocolate Chip Cookie
But let's not forget dessert. Could we ever? 


The important thing to remember is that, while the meals generally take about 3-4 minutes in the microwave from frozen to fully heated (so fast!) the desserts generally only take about 30 seconds. Putting them in for 3 minutes will result in a smoky charred puck in the microwave!

Not like that happened to me, or anything...


All of the desserts were really sweet and delicious - there isn't anything that I wouldn't recommend! The portions were also just right - they weren't overly large, but also not too little. 

Best of all (how many bests can I have in one post?) the service can either be with set meal plans or a la carte - so you have the option of ordering exactly the number and types of dishes that you want! There's so much flexibility, it's great.

Which dish looks best to you?

Have you tried The Vegan Garden?

Where do you have the most problems with space in your household? Freezer and fridge can definitely be up there for those of us with roommates!

19 comments:

  1. THeir delivery service took 3 weeks and the food was really not very appetizing or tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, three weeks? I'm sorry you had a bad experience - try reaching out to them? Sorry, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, so I can't do anything about it :( I had a positive experience, but I guess these things can vary case by case.

      Delete
  2. Would you min sharing if you losst any weight with the program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not, but I also wasn't trying to and didn't stick to the program, but rather just enjoyed the meals as convenient frozen meals here and there.

      Delete
  3. I loved the main dishes, especially the jambalaya. The desserts I received were cookies, either too crumbly or something I would not normally eat. Have you tried any other meal services since you posted this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried (and loved!) Veggie Vibes (reviews here: http://living-learning-eating.blogspot.com/2014/05/end-of-term-energy-with-veggie-vibes.html

      http://living-learning-eating.blogspot.com/2014/03/veggie-vibes-midterm-survival-secret.html

      http://living-learning-eating.blogspot.com/2014/02/veggie-vibes-convenient-healthy-and.html ) and Joulebody (photos on my Instagram @danaikadzere). They were both amazing, but very, very pricey! If I were Bill Gates, I would eat them all the time, though :)

      Delete

  4. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. weight loss meal delivery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!! vegan food delivery

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share the same feelings! I loved The Vegan Garden delievery. I actually just ordered again- they had a good code for 20% your whole order (I think if it was over 100- but thats not hard to do because its so good!) the code was cozy20

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share the same feelings! I loved The Vegan Garden delievery. I actually just ordered again- they had a good code for 20% your whole order (I think if it was over 100- but thats not hard to do because its so good!) the code was cozy20

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just received my first two week supply of food. So far everything is delicious and no complaints. Haven't tried the desserts yet but am looking forward to ordering them in the near future as I really do have a sweet tooth I'm afraid! The delivery service is reasonable priced and when I called the company and left a message I received a call back from a very helpful employee who answered all my questions. Thank you Vegan Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..Hey great work.. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information. vegan food delivery


    ReplyDelete
  10. I realy like this post... vegan dessert recipes.This is very useful information

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. best weight loss program

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate your article just about this good topic.Thanks for sharing.cheap vegan recipes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Blog!! That was amazing. your blog is really eye catching. thanks for sharing...vegan meal delivery weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this information. It is really informative and helpful for the peopleVegan Dessert Delivery

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai