May 27, 2014

Review: New Detour SMART Bar Flavor - Cranberry Flax

Detour, a staple in the protein bar aisle, branched out into the natural foods industry a while ago with two SMART bars. They've recently debuted a new bar to join their original blueberry and apple cinnamon SMART bars.



I really enjoyed the other two SMART bars, am a general fan of bars. like that these are natural, and enjoy both cranberries and flax seeds, so I was excited to try the new Detour SMART Cranberry Flax bars!



Like the other Detour SMART bars, the new Cranberry Flax bar is certified gluten free, with only 140 calories and 3 grams of sugar. Instead of keeping the sugar content so low with artificial sweeteners, as some competitors do, Detour uses all-natural Stevia to sweeten their smart bars.



There's a great balance of (gluten-free) whole grains, fruit, and whey protein that make these bars a great snack and their portion-controlled sizes make them great for both kids and adults!



The sweet Greek style yogurt drizzle on top doesn't hurt either. I know my little sister would like them. She's probably even tickle-fight me for them...

Have you tried the new Detour SMART bars?

What are your favorite go-to snacks?

What bars are your staples?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai