Jun 27, 2014

Immersive Fitness: The Work Out That Puts You In A Video Game

Walk into any give gym on any given day of the week and I can almost guarantee that you will find people that don't want to be there.

There are definitely some people sighing over the time left on their cardio machines who would much rather play video games or watch an action flick if only that would give them the same fitness, health, and happiness results.

I'm not much of a gym-goer, but I love fun fitness and being active in ways that entertain me. I'm also not much of a video game player, but that's mostly because I get bored watching the characters have all the fun - they get to scale tall buildings, jump over canyons, and beat up evil overgrown bug thingies?

No fair! I want to, too!

So Immersive Fitness from Les Mills, the fitness gurus behind BODYPUMP, sounds awesome. What is it?

Exactly what it sounds like. Basically, you get plunged into an immersive video game/action flick experience where you're the hero - and you get your workout kicking butt!


In case you want to see what that really looks like, here's a teaser:



It sounds like the coolest studio fitness class ever - I want to take one! It's not out yet, but there's talk of a 2015 tour across the USA with specially designed pop up studios.


I. Am. So. In.

Follow the project on Instagram to be the first to know when you a studio is coming near you, a.k.a. when you finally get to be James Bond/Lara Croft all in one.

The most fun fitness classes that I've taken so far are yoga and Zumba, but this one looks like it's going to absolutely kick both of their butts. Is it 2015 yet??


And since Les Mills has paired with Reebok, maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll have some super cute fitness gear for us to rock during our workouts. I'm thinking a breathable catsuit that wicks sweat away from your body and gives you cleavage. And maybe some Google Glass action, too?

Haha, I'm kidding.


^These are fab (I'm especially coveting that sports bra).

But seriously, can't wait for this Immersive Fitness to become a reality!

The next level of fitness is here. IMMERSIVE FITNESS™ surrounds participants with cinema quality video content projected onto screens of a purpose-built studio.  Exercise moves synchronize perfectly with music and graphics, creating a truly immersive fitness experience. Learn more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Les Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai