I'm on a roll with the African recipes, so here's one more. The cuisines of the Middle East and India are famous for their curries, but Africans like spices, too. Here's a South African vegetarian curry!
- 3 tablespoon canola oil, for frying
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
2) Add onions and green bell peppers, saute ~10 minutes until the onion is clear.
3) Add the diced carrots, tomatoes, water, and all the seasonings. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
Serve hot with sadza and a protein source.
What are your favorite curry ingredients?
How often do you make curries/stir-fries/soups/stews?
What is your least favorite vegetable?