Jun 14, 2014

Recipe: Sadza

As promised, here's a recipe for Sadza - with my own twist (aka, addition of a potato, as is common in a related West African dish called Pap).



Sadza
Serves 4
  • 2.5 cups cornmeal 
  • 3.5 cups water
  • 3 potatoes, washed and diced
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • 1 tablespoon salt
1) Cook potatoes, water, salt, and oil in a medium pot over medium heat until the potatoes are soft enough to mash. Water will remain.

2) Mash the potatoes in the pot. I used a fork because #keepingitclassy

3) Stir in the cornmeal and cook the pap for 15-20 minutes. Mix every five minutes or less with a wooden spoon, but don't worry about the crunchy crust that forms at the bottom of the pot - my big sister and I used to fight over it, it's arguably the best part.




Serve warm with veggies and meat. 

What's your favorite corn product?

What's your favorite grain side dish?

What is your favorite African cuisine?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai