- 1 bunch collard greens, washed and shredded (discard stems)
- 1 cup water
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (natural salted is best)
2) Bring water to a book and cook greens for about 10-15 minutes, until intermediately tender (don't overcook).
3) Drain most of the liquid into a separate container. Save the liquid.
4) Add diced tomato and onions to greens, cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) While the veggies cook, thin out the peanut butter with the reserved vegetable broth that you drained from the greens in step 3. Add to the vegetables.
6) Cook, stirring constantly, until the greens have a nice creamy consistency.
7) Add salt to taste.
Serve hot with sadza and a protein - enjoy!
|Shown here with vegetable curry, un-pictured sadza (recipe to come)|
Do you cook the same sort of food now that your parents did when you were growing up?
What's your favorite family recipe? Leave a link if you have posted it online!