Monday, June 2, 2014

The Emotional Stages of Graduation

Congratulations to all 2014 grads! The 2014 World Cup might be pretty darn exciting, but it has nothing on the fact that ****WE'RE DONE******!

1) Disbelief

Like wait, what? Wasn't freshman initiation yesterday?

funny hippo 500x375

Don't I have some paper that I have to turn in or some exam that I need to take or some something that I have to do? It can't just be over, just like that, can it?

2) Sheer Bliss

It'strueit'strueit'strue NO. MORE. STUDYING.

Semester notes, meet recycling bin. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!


This is the definition of happiness, dears.

3) Hyperventilation

There's the overwhelming fact that you're about to enter the real world. There's the fact that you're moving away from friends you've loved for four years and starting over somewhere new. There's the fear of failure or missing the bus and being the unsuccessful one. There's the realization you're fully responsible for your rent, need to learn about savings, need to buy your food, need to pay your bills, need to get your own cell phone, need to - DOES ANYONE HAVE A PAPER BAG I CAN BREATHE INTO?



4) Excitement

Eventually the panic passes and you realize that you can do it. You've made it through college, you're intelligent, educated, hard working, and ready to do life!!


There are few better feelings than the excitement of a promising new beginning.

5) Pride

Graduated from Harvard
Just go with it.

Are you celebrating anyone's graduation this year? 

Who are you rooting for in the 2014 World Cup?

1 comment:

  1. Hahah.. funny :D Congrats!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

    Maybe you have time to read my new post: Benefits of being a shopping addict


    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

Stumble Me, Please!