Jul 15, 2014

Recipe: Mocha Green Smoothie

While this definitely hasn't been the hottest summer in history (thank all things good) it's still July in New York City and that means heat and humidity. 

Until September brings blessed 70 and 60 degree weather to the city, I know I'm not the only one constantly in search of some way to cool off. 


I've been enjoying a lot of yummy Red Mango froyo creations to help me cool off.

Red Mango is definitely my favorite place for froyo and there's one just two or three blocks from where I live.

When I'm looking for something a little healthier, though, smoothies are a great choice. Green smoothies are my favorite kind of smoothie and this one is refreshing, sweet, and simple. Yum!


Mocha Green Smoothie
Serves One

* 1.5 c. spinach
* 1 frozen banana
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla (don't use imitation - the real stuff makes a real difference)
* 1 tsp. instant coffee (I used Folgers)
* 1 c. coconut water (I used Zico)
* 1/2 tsp. NuNaturals Chocolate Syrup

Combine all ingredients in your blender (I love my Ninja - thanks, Mom and Dad!) and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!


I used NuNaturals chocolate syrup in this smoothie and it gave it just a hint of delightful chocolate - it would have been more if I used more, but I wanted just a hint this time. 


It's a new product and really cool, because it's the consistency of traditional chocolate syrup. 

 
Chocolate syrup without the sugar spike and crash, that is!


Since it isn't a liquid or powder, it's really versatile and great not just for using as an ingredient or a sweetener, but also as a topping for ice cream, an unexpected addition to a peanut butter sandwich, or a yogurt topping! 

The options are pretty wide-reaching, I'm looking forward to experimenting more. After all, you know my sweet tooth.

Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Assuming just right isn't an option.

What is your least favorite month of the year?

How are you staying cool this summer?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I do want to try this smoothie. I do love smoothies in the summer to keep cool!
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful for my blender on those 90 F days!

      Delete

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai