Sep 26, 2014

How to Add Superfoods to Your Day (The Yummy Way!)

Swimsuit season may be over, but being healthy and feeling good are never out of season! As we head into the holiday season, many of us are looking for ways to stay healthy despite the diminishing availability of fresh fruits and veggies.

Okaaaaaaaay, so maybe September isn't really heading into the holiday season - but I know that I, for one, have already started with the Christmas movies!

Anyway, remember this preview that I teased you with at the beginning of last week?


The wait is over, it's recipe time! 

But first: what is it? 



A chocolate maca chia cake, that's what! 

Oh yeah, that's a whole lot of superfood in one tasty snack.

First, you start with some chia seeds.


I used Nutiva White Chia Seed (2 Tbsp.) mixed with rice milk (1/2 c.) to make a chia gel - just combine the two and let the mixture sit for five to ten minutes! Room temperature is fine.

Next, I mixed in 2 Tbsp. of Foods Alive Cacao and 1 Tbsp. of Foods Alive Maca Powder, as well as a dash of cinnamon, two tablespoons of honey, a teaspoon of baking powder, a dash of salt, and a tablespoon of almond butter. 

I put the mixture in the microwave and microwaved on medium-high for four to five minutes. It really depends on the strength of your microwave, so keep an eye on it!


If you are lucky enough to have access to some fresh fruits, despite the end of summer, top with fresh fruits! Some mulled hemp seed (I used Foods Alive mulled hemp seed) make a delicious superfood topping, too!

But sometimes you just don't feel like making something.

Easy as this recipe is, sometimes you want immediate satsifaction.


Nutiva's O'Coconut taste just like candy, but are perfectly portion-controlled and full of super foods!


What are your favorite superfoods?

What's your favorite fall activity?

When do you start getting into the holiday spirit?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai