But it can be pricey. And eating out requires you to get dressed and go out in public. That's generally a good thing, but let's be honest - after a Saturday night of hard partying, the last thing you want to face is the crowded NYC subway or slow LA traffic.
You just want food.
For Sundays when you'd like to save some money, get your food without leaving your house, or just show off your inner domestic goddess, here's a quick and easy quiche recipe!
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 10 oz bag frozen spinach
* 1 unbaked pie crust (I used a Harris Teeter brand 9" deep dish frozen crust)
* 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
* 5 eggs, beaten
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1/4 c. fresh grated parmeson cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Melt margarine in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and frozen spinach, stirring occasionally. Cook until all the water from the frozen spinach has evaporated.
3) Mix 1.5 c. of the cheddar cheese with the eggs and spices in a large bowl. Add the vegetable mixture from the pan, mix well.
4) Pour eggy filling into the crust.
5) Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and the parmesan cheese on top.
6) Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until center has set.
7) Cut into sixths and serve warm - or cold! This is also great as leftovers later on in the day, so it's perfect for a Sunday.