Dec 10, 2014

A Delightful Start to The Day!

Tracking PixelI am half-German and, as can be expected of someone who grew up believing that the first and last meal of every day should be cold and based around bread, love good bread. I was excited to get to learn about Sara Lee® Delightful Bread as part of the 45 Delightful People campaign this winter.


Bread is a basic staple that can be a delicious part of a healthy diet!

With the holidays in full swing, however, a lot of people are either already starting to feel the effects of seasonal indulgence or trying to prevent them by making lighter, healthier choices in the meals around their holiday feasts and bake-offs. Instead of foregoing bread, however, reach for a lighter bread alternative, like Sara Lee® Delightful Bread, when a dense slice isn't what you're looking for!

Sara Lee Bread, 100% Multi-Grain Image
http://bit.ly/1FpG9fx
With each 2 slice serving providing an excellent source of fiber, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial flavors or colors, Sara Lee® Delightful Bread is a smart choice! Each slice has only 45 calories, fitting easily into a lightened snack or meal, and the new Oatmeal flavor joins the 100% Whole Wheat (made with real honey), Healthy Multi-Grain, and Wheat to create a delightful array to choose from!

Sara Lee® also has a nice assortment of other bread products and great recipes to make with them. Their Sweet Strawberry Sandwich makes an excellent snack as a fun change from the traditional PB&J!
Check out their other recipes as a way to transform your ordinary breakfasts and lunches into a healthier, tastier version of themselves this holiday season! I love the 100% whole wheat Sara Lee® Delightful Bread with a nice layer of almond butter, topped with strawberry-rhubarb jam. Yum!

While the holidays get a bad rep for being a multi-week (and, for some, multi-month) health wrecker, they can actually be a great time to take care of yourself and take steps to being a healthier and happier you!

Maybe it's an immigrant thing, or maybe it's because I have the dictionary definition of an African dad, but I have always been very driven to succeed - and sometimes at the cost of my health. I grew up with my dad's favorite rhyme, 'good, better, best/ never, never rest/ until the good is better and the better best,' as a personal motto. But what does that boil down to? Never rest.

 

While it's great to push yourself to succeed and be a hard-worker (and, believe me, I wouldn't have achieved half of the things that I have or gotten a degree from Harvard, financed largely by outside academic scholarships, without that drive and self discipline), you also do need to breathe sometimes.

I eventually realized that sleeping three or four hours, tops, a night was likely related to my chronic stomach ailments and general waning health and well-being. I took advantage of the holiday break a few years ago to seek balance - part of which was aiming for at least seven hours of sleep a night, even if that meant I couldn't do everything. But I'm so much happier and healthier now, because of it!

happy funny 

Have you, too, undergone a healthy transformation? Enter the 45 Delightful People promotion for your chance to win great prizes for sharing your story and inspiring others!

Have you had a healthy transformation?

How often do you eat bread?

What is your favorite way to eat bread?



This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sara Lee®.

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai