Feb 17, 2015

Keeping It Simple with Detour Simple!

How is it already the second half of February? Sometimes I really feel like a less impressive Rip Van Winkle - it seems like it was 2000 yesterday!

Then again, I was seven in 2000 and I'm 21 now and definitely have come a long way from my seven-year-old self...

I'm now a published children's book author, petite model, film/TV actress, ghostwriter, blogger, and Harvard grad, for starters. So that's a little different than second grade me.

I'm also several inches taller and don't have a bedtime.

But I'm not the only one with exciting new developments. Detour Bar is starting 2015 strong with a new line of three all-natural healthy nutrition bars hitting stores this month - Detour Simple!



With three mouthwatering flavors - Caramel Peanut, Chocolate Chip Caramel, and (the one that I tried and loved) Salted Caramel Cookie Dough - Detour Bar proves that simple can be superior to complex!

Let's skip the laundry list of ingredients, the piles of added sugar, and the artificial additives that leave us sluggish and bloated. When we can have Salted Caramel Cookie Dough healthily, why would we want it any other way?

Photo by Kim Hoeltje
Detour Simple is all about making healthy eating more simple! We're all busy and don't always have time to meal prep and make our own food, so having a handy, shelf-stable standby that tastes like a super-indulgent treat at the same time is great!

The bars are all gluten-free, non-GMO, and made with no artificial ingredients. On top of that, they boast 20g of muscle-building protein, 6g of digestion-regulating fiber, only 7g of sugar for stable blood sugar, and 230 healthy calories to give you that energy pop pre-workout, refuel post-workout, or just keep you going through your day-to-day routine!

Photo by Kim Hoeltje
I really enjoyed the Salted Caramel Cookie Dough bar and look forward to trying the rest. I highly recommend them as something to keep in your backpack or handbag for those ties when you're low in energy or don't have time to find or make a healthy snack!

What emergency snacks do you keep in your handbag/backpack? I can't be the only one who does it!

What's the best thing that has happened to you in 2015 thus far?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai