Apr 14, 2015

Recipe: My Favorite Green Smoothie

For those of you who follow me on Instagram (@danaikadzere please do!) you know that I'm pretty obsessed with green smoothies.

They're yummy, refreshing, great for your skin, and put that pep in your step. They're also awesome for digestion and loaded with nutrients! Whether you have a green smoothie to start the day or as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up snack, you can't go wrong.


Even my mom, my big sister, and my ten-year-old little sister love them! They're a healthy universal crowd-pleaser.

Here's a basic recipe for a winning green smoothie!


My Favorite Green Smoothie
Serves One
* 2 frozen bananas
* 2 handfuls of baby spinach
* 1/4-1/2 cup of milk of choice (I tend to choice almond or soy milk, since I'm lactose-intolerant, but any will do)
* 1-3 dates (or coconut sugar, honey, molasses, maple syrup, etc.), to taste
Optional: A handful of ice for an extra cold smoothie

1) Blend the spinach with your milk of choice first, for best results.

2) When the spinach and milk and well-blended, add all of the other ingredients.

3) Blend to desired consistency.

Enjoy! It's really that easy. Of course, it's important to have a good blender to get a nice creamy smoothie. Chunky green smoothies are decidedly not the way to go. I use a Ninja that my awesome parents got for me a few Christmas ago, but VitaMixes are also really popular!

A tropical twist, featuring mango!
Feel free to add additional mix-ins, like cocoa powder, avocado (it makes it extra creamy and is a great idea if you have it for breakfast, because it gives it longer lasting satiating power), additional fruits, nut butters, etc. Go wild!
Have you ever had a green smoothie? If so, did you like it?

How often do you drink smoothies?

{ 0 } comments... read them below or add one

Post a Comment

Please say hello, leave your comments, or answer my questions! It makes me smile when you leave me a note :) I read every single one of them and it makes my day when you guys say hi!

© Living, Learning, Eating, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by Danai